About the workshop
Ongoing transformation across the WA Public Service drives the need for effective leadership performance across all levels. Responsive and adaptable leaders are critical to navigate this change successfully, and ensure the commitment to high level service delivery across the state. To step up as leader, you must be strategic, influential and take responsibility for highly complex projects, and successfully align organisational policies and strategies with the entire agency.
Aimed at PSGO 7-8 level leaders, managers and officers, this workshop will provide you the tools to build autonomy in your teams and become an influential senior decision maker. Sharpen your unique skill set to unlock your potential and take the next step in your career. This intensive professional development opportunity will set you up to hone your existing leadership competencies and acquire new skills and strategies to achieve the leadership goals of tomorrow.
- Expectations and values of PSGO 7-8 leaders
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Define your personal and professional brand
- Develop and influence key strategic directions
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Utilise heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
- Override emotional responses to stressful situations
Self-awareness and authentic leadership
- Understand your strengths and value as a leader
- Prepare for unexpected challenges
- Set and lead strategic directions across the organisation
- Cultivate foresight and understanding of contemporary and international issues
Build resilience under pressure
- Acting vs reacting upon unexpected developments
- Anticipate and manage risk effectively
- Maintain momentum and sustain effort despite criticism
- Making crucial judgements under pressure
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
- Authoritatively represent and influence on behalf of your agency
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with external stakeholders
- Harness and resolve conflict
Build team capability and accountability
- Cultivate your team to take ownership of their success
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Adapt leadership strategies for managing different people
- Co-create high performance, establish a culture of peak
Team dynamics and development
- Align your teams with broader agency strategy and goals
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
- Build cohesive and engaged teams
- Effectively implementing strategic initiatives
Taking the next step
- Create an action plan for your career
- Understand the leadership pipeline
- Prepare yourself for a new role
- Manage transition and identify future leadership priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs