About the workshop
The Victorian Public Sectors ‘Strategic Plan to 2020’ has created a greater need for effective high performing, diverse and collaborative leaders. To achieve this vision for trusted public service, leaders of today and tomorrow need to embody these values at all stages of their career. To take your career to the next level you must be ready to embrace a collaborative mindset and operate with autonomy to lead high performing teams.
Aimed at VPS 3-4 level officers and management, this workshop provides you with a unique opportunity to advance core skills for successful leadership in the Victorian Public Sector. You will delve into practical strategies to increase self-awareness, influence others to embrace change, and lead a diverse and inclusive public service.
- Explore expectations and values of a VPS 3-4 leader
- Leverage opportunities for change to strengthen your capability and talent
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- What it means to be an ‘agile’ and ‘authentic’ leader
The fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Explore the main elements of EQ and identify opportunities for further growth
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Emotional competence - understanding yourself and others
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace to build resilience
Practical decision-making in complex environments
- Leverage your experience to address complex problems
- How to deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
- Identify, evaluate and harness information from diverse sources to drive practical decisions
- Effectively share information with others and encourage cooperation in coping with change
Lead and motivate productive teams
- Recognise and value diversity in your team’s working and communication styles
- Empower a capable and collaborative workforce
- Create positive team dynamics and build collective intelligence
- Learn to recognise and appreciate leadership qualities in others
- How to set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Embrace resilience to maximise personal focus
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- Prepare to embrace change initiatives
- Working under pressure - resilience and self-management
Strategic communication and relationship management
- Strengthen interpersonal communication and influence those around you
- Identify the best structure and style to effectively connect with others
- Understand the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Work collaboratively to achieve results
- Cross agency collaboration - stakeholder management and engagement
- Drive organisational operational service delivery
- Cultivate a collaborative mindset
- Foster a culture of curiosity
Next steps for VPS 3-4 leaders to develop in their capabilities
- Be an authentic leader and communicator
- Trust your initiative and judgement
- Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Plan your ‘take-back’ to the office
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.