About the workshop
While there has been considerable improvement in gender representation and diversity in workplace health and safety roles, women remain under-represented in senior leadership roles. To survive and thrive as a successful safety leader, you must capitalise on your unique strengths and align your vision with the values of your organisation. Learn how to step back and step up, emerging as an influential safety leader in your organisation.
This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session will equip you with a practical leadership plan that you can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
You will also have front-row seats for an exclusive Women in Safety leaders panel, exploring ways you can raise your profile as a leader and accelerate your career.
Book now to secure a seat and take the next step in your career.
Women's safety leadership in context with your business
- Characteristics of a valued safety business partner
- Navigate key challenges of safety leaders, negotiating diversity and inclusion biases
- Understand your organisation and how you can have the best impact on safety at its core
- Align your strengths with the expectations of your organisation
Understand the macroenvironment of safety leadership
- Legal and legislative requirements around safety leadership in Australia
- Knowledge to interact state-by-state with regulators and legal systems
- Manage the requirement to be informed - Keeping up to date without being swamped
- Complex interrelationships of multi-state and multi-entity businesses
Understand the microenvironment of safety leadership in your organisation
- Explore your current business environment to ensure the most effective outcomes
- How does your organisation operate and interact with other businesses?
- Navigate internal silos, intricacies and interdependencies
- Risk management, governance and interaction with executive and board level
Put your best foot forward and establish yourself as an indispensable thought leader in the safety space
- Make your voice heard and watch _ your ideas flourish
- Find your perfect mentor, and give back to the perfect mentee
- Maintain career momentum through disruption with networking
Step back to step up
- Make the transition from technical excellence to leadership influence
- Step up and ensure you remain a technical expert as a leader
- Set career goals and an actionable plan to move your career in the right direction
- Keep yourself to account and where to turn for assistance
People management in and out of safety teams
- Manage safety teams, retain and grow talent through effective people management skills
- Tackle tough conversations and proactively manage sensitive issues
- Build trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on individual and team performance to deliver results
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Manage upwards and influence with integrity
- Nurture strong internal and external relationships
- Deal with difficult people and learn how to negotiate effectively
- Manage competing agendas, tight timeframes, organisational changes and confidentiality
Women in safety think tank
- Wrap up discussion on key themes and your career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.