About the workshop
Australia’s not-for-profit sector is a vibrant and diverse environment. It's home to some of the country’s most passionate, respected leaders - but also some of the toughest. The challenges of leading in this complex and rewarding sector are unique: negotiating funding, government contracts, attracting and managing volunteers and effectively keeping the cause in focus, especially when the realities of administrative noise can interfere.
Although the sector is leading the way in gender equality and women’s representation in executive management teams, it still has a way to go. To attain and maintain senior leadership roles in not-for-profit organisations, women are continuously working to develop their leadership skills and self-assurance to promote those skills to higher management.
This workshop will equip women with the tools and knowledge to build confidence in their leadership, positioning themselves to advance their careers. This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind. It aims to equip participants with a practical leadership plan they can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
- Understanding the complexities of the sector
- Navigating key challenges and their impact on leadership:
- Securing sustainable funding, including Government, Philanthropy and corporate partnerships
- Managing the complexities of Government contracts
- Managing legal and financial obligations, duties and accountabilities
- Setting the tone in your organisation and leading strategic planning
- Demonstrating an alignment with the mission and values of your organisation
- Practising values of being actively receptive and fully present
Your leadership style - Know yourself and your team
- How to assess, understand and develop an effective leadership style
- Identify your personal strengths, skills, preferences and values
- Using your knowledge of what works, what doesn’t and how you have been managed
- How to understand and manage your team (as individuals and as a group)
Resilience and emotional intelligence
- Develop your interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and persistence
- Building self-confidence to support your stress management
- Understanding your EQ - What it is and why it matters
- Monitor how you are perceived by your team and your impact on others
- Staying connected to your purpose
- Getting on and off the balcony
- Framing the issues for your team, piloting new solutions
- Staying the course if there is turbulence
Increase your influence and impact within your organisation – and beyond
- Equip yourself for the transition into the complexities of senior leadership
- Managing up to obtain the best results for you, your team and the organisation
- Leading change, converting new concepts and methods into skills and behaviours
- Strategies to confidently communicate with influence
Coaching and mentoring
- The role and value of mentors and mentoring – formal and informal
- Overview and discussion of these approaches and their benefits
- Building coaching and mentoring skills into your personal development
- The value of you being a mentor to others
Next steps - Action planning for leadership (Own your own career)
- Processes and techniques to help you set up the next 10 years.
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.