About the workshop
Engineers are creating the Hong Kong of tomorrow, building the foundations of both technical and technological marvels that are shaping the future today. But for engineers and professionals working in the engineering sector, making the move from technical excellence to people leadership can be a challenge.
At the same time, women continue to be under-represented in engineering, which is further magnified at management and executive ranks. To be successful as a woman leader in the engineering field, you must learn to navigate this complex environment, overcome common career challenges and develop your leadership skills.
The Women in Engineering Leadership Workshop aims to provide existing and emerging leaders with the strategies and skills required to excel in their careers, and step up as effective and influential leaders.
- Explore the capabilities, attributes, and skills of an influential leader
- Understand the importance of attitude to effectively lead others
- Consider the working of the mind to move through internal conflict to be more flexible and congruent
Stepping back to step up in your career
- Transition from technical excellence to leadership influence
- Growing your leadership mindset, integrating your Left Brain and Right Brain capabilities
- Strategies to challenge, support and empower others
Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence? Why does it matter in the workplace?
- Understand the importance of emotions that drive people, and performance
- Develop your ability to lead with enhanced self-awareness
- Explore the KCG model - Know yourself, Choose yourself and Give yourself to maximise EQ
Define your personal leadership brand, vision and values
- Embed purpose in your work and life
- What’s next? Create a powerful vision of success
- Applying the power of appreciation, adopting an attitude for gratitude
- Manage critical conversations with empathy and understanding
- Effectively manage conflict and turn negativity into opportunity
Strengthen relationships within your teams with the power of Emotional Intelligence
- Manage relationships with more acceptance and Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence exercises and practices
- Interactive group work
Drive change and innovation in your organisation
- Develop a dynamic mindset to step up as a change agent
- Communicate for more effective problem-solving and decision-making
- Strategies to unleash creativity in your team
Women’s Leadership Think Tank
- Wrap up reflection and discussion on key themes, and career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs