About the workshop
The Australian Aged Care Sector continues to be a challenging environment to work in. Authentic leadership is required to navigate the changes to service design, funding and delivery. Leaders must learn how to adapt their organisation to new expectations, Aged Care standards, accreditations and funding instruments. As the sector becomes increasingly competitive, leaders must meet consumer expectations and ensure service delivery keeps pace with changing needs.
While women make up the majority of the workforce, there remains considerable underrepresentation at senior leadership levels. It is therefore imperative for existing and emerging leaders to champion diversity in their teams. Leaders must draw on their confidence to drive and guide the ongoing transformation in the Aged Care sector.
This workshop will equip women with the tools and knowledge to build confidence in their leadership for career advancement. This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind. It aims to equip participants with a practical leadership plan they can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
- Capabilities, attributes and skills of an influential and authentic leader
- Recognising the demands of leadership and the expectations of your organisation
- Understanding the expectations of team members and direct reports
Understanding your leadership style
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
- Identify your personal strengths, skills, preferences and values
- Developing a personal leadership plan
Maintaining resilience through difficult times
- Techniques to maintain personal resilience and develop resilience in your team
- Develop your personal power for leading improved outcomes
- Navigating the impact of increased scrutiny and pressure of industry changes
Leading with emotional intelligence
- Evaluating your EQ level and identifying opportunities for further growth and development
- Understanding your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Embracing qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
- Developing a broad understanding of the new Aged Care standards
- Discuss impacts of industry changes, structures, accreditations and funding instruments
- Understanding how to effectively lead change
High level communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Managing emotions for positive and assertive communication
- Developing techniques of persuasion, negotiation and influencing with coaching skills and “conversational intelligence”
- Preparing for and having difficult conversations with confidence, including staff and government agencies (Australian Aged Care Quality Agency)
Managing expectations and managing up
- Building authentic and influential relationships within and across your organisation
- Gaining full engagement from senior leaders during times of high pressure
- Explore communication strategies to address difficult conversations in a 360 direction
Next steps - Action planning for leadership
- Develop a personalised career strategy
- Share approaches for moving your career forward
- Create an action plan to take back to your office
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs