About the workshop
For finance and accounting professionals the move from specialist to strategist, from ledger to leader, is far from straight-forward. Technical expertise provides a solid career footing, but leadership demands a dynamic and finely-tuned set of skills shaping a first-rate communicator, influencer and strategic business partner. Recent years have seen a greater evolution of the traditional control responsibilities of finance functions, with leaders operating in and as agents of organisational change, improving business efficiencies, agility and culture.
These new frontiers of finance leadership bring great possibility and even greater challenges, and for women in finance and accounting there are still more challenges to overcome. Despite a much healthier representation in less senior finance roles, the gender gap remains markedly more pronounced in the C-suite with a recent study reporting less than 10% of CFOs for ASX-listed companies are women.
This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session will equip you with a practical leadership plan that you can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels. Learn how to step back and step up, emerging as an influential finance leader in your organisation.
- Characteristics of a valued finance business partner
- Navigate key challenges of finance leaders, negotiating diversity and inclusion biases
- Understand your organisation and how you can have the best impact on finance at its core
- Align your strengths with the expectations of your organisation
From ledger to leader
- Transitioning from technical specialist to strategic business partner
- Utilising your technical knowledge to your advantage
- Converting technical knowledge into strategic value
- Telling the story behind the numbers, gaining stakeholder buy-in
Discovering your unique leadership blend
- Building self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Learning to articulate your personal values so you can lead authentically
- Identify your strengths so you can build confidence
- Begin developing a personalised plan to improve your work-life blend
More than a numbers game - making finance leadership work for you
- Understanding the impact of your strengths and weaknesses
- Learning to get comfortable outside your comfort zone
- Tackling unconscious bias and the realities of gender politics at the executive level
- Recognising the seasons in life
- Working out what is important to you
- Learning how to prioritise and set boundaries with integrity
- Resilience and perseverance, self-regulating for balance
How to thrive as an Emotionally Intelligent finance leader
- How to use mindfulness, hope and compassion to inspire your team
- Conflict handling strategies
- Understanding and managing expectations
- Tackle tough conversations and proactively manage sensitive issues
People management in and out of finance teams
- Communicating with impact and influence, and tailoring your message to different audiences
- How to effectively get ideas from concept to work-up
- Build trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on individual and team performance to deliver results
Women in Finance & Accounting think-tank
- Wrap up discussion on key themes and your career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.