About the workshop
The Defence Force, Emergency Services and Enforcement agencies are the cornerstone of a functional society, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of the communities they serve. The high pressure and ever-changing nature of this work requires a unique blend of reactive and proactive leadership skills and an awareness of not only how to deal with a situation, but to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your team.
Leadership advancement requires an understanding of how to navigate this traditionally male dominated profession. By understanding how these organisations have established and the behavioural norms that represent them, leaders will become aware of the unconscious biases that often impact the decisions and choices made, that can help or hinder career advancement.
This two day workshop explores resilience, stress and confidence as weapons in the leadership arsenal, and will give you the ability to apply them to their own behaviours and work.
Cultivate resilience for leadership success
- Develop your individual leadership style
- Develop confidence to lead authentically and effectively
- Resilience as a leadership approach
- Focus on strengths
Foster a constructive mindset
- Build a positive mindset for leadership
- Turn weaknesses into growth opportunities
- How to stay calm under pressure
Manage and limit the effects of stress
- Identify your stress triggers
- Recognise your leadership strengths, weaknesses and triggers
- Find ways to cope with and avoid stress
- Recover from setbacks and adversity
Internalise your leadership identity
- Self-empowerment to underpin career progression and risk-taking
- Develop authentic leadership voice
- Connect leadership and wellbeing
Working in male-dominated professional fields
- Behavioural norms within these organisations
- Unconscious bias - How this effects decision making
- Recognise your own biases at play
High-level communication skills for effective advancement
- Knowing and leveraging from your communication style
- Develop and communicate confidence, poise and assertiveness
- Influence with integrity
- Manage conflict and execute difficult conversations with confidence
Foster high performance in teams
- Diversity of thought and creating inclusive work environments
- A coaching approach
- Assertive vs aggressive leadership approaches
Strategic career progression
- Skills for self-promotion and accelerated career progression
- Transition strategies
- Recognise when conversations turn crucial
- Achieving improved leadership performance - your personal action plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.