About the workshop
With mounting workload expectations and multifaceted challenges, Education leaders find themselves stretched by ever-expanding role expectations and stress. Leading and managing in the evolving Education environment brings challenges few other professions experience. Without effective self-care strategies, it is becoming increasingly difficult to deliver excellence at work. While improving time management, prioritising, or learning new systems is useful, the most effective leaders know how to take stock of themselves and their emotions. Implementing effective focusing techniques like mindfulness develops strong self-awareness and self-regulation, so you can be the best leader you can be.
In this workshop, you will be encouraged to think about your organisation holistically and to understand the opportunities and avenues in which you can be an effective change agent. Expert facilitation will allow you to explore the unique skills required to lead effectively in education. Practical and interactive sessions will equip you with the strategies and techniques to enable you to reach your full potential, to pursue your chosen career path and to achieve success.
- Gain insights into thought processes and the impact of ‘Default Mode’ thinking
- Understand how to ‘do’ mindfulness meditation - practical application exercises
- Create a mindfulness strategy and values-based personalised leadership plan
Managing Autopilot - Showing up in your life and work
- Recognise the importance of being present more often
- The benefits and impact of autopilot (Default Mode Network)
- Understand how mindfulness practices interrupt autopilot
Metacognition - The power of choice
- Get some distance between you and your thoughts
- The role of meta-cognition in self-regulation and stress management
- Understand the primary importance of self-awareness as a leader
Getting Perspective - Seeing what’s there
- Understanding the power of perspective
- Being more curious by accessing 'beginner's mind’
- Recognising unconscious bias and how mindfulness makes the unconscious conscious
- Become a firm but fierce leader
- How communication builds trust and creates a positive culture of engagement and success
- Understand the importance of mindful listening and the power of intention to get positive outcomes
- Confidently manage conflict and execute difficult conversations
Being like Teflon - Reacting versus responding
- Understand how stress affects your leadership (the impact of stress on the mind)
- Self-regulation and building resilience
- Respond effectively to a demanding environment
Peak Performance - Be your best
- Taking a solution-focused mindset
- Trust your instincts - accessing and attuning to your intuition
- Tools to improve your team’s engagement
Staying mindful - Knowing your patterns
- Leading into the future with values-based leadership
- Be more decisive and courageously act in line with your values
- Practical tips to keep you on track with daily success rituals
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.