About the workshop
Emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level need to undertake work of a more complex nature and enhance their skills to strengthen the efficiency, effectiveness and capability to deliver high-quality service.
Aimed at VPS 5-6 level officers and management, this workshop provides you with a unique opportunity to advance core skills and explore emerging leadership capabilities. You will delve into the practical strategies relating to leading productive teams, improving decision making, applying strategic management thinking, develop key skills of stakeholder engagement and confident communication. It is ideal for career-driven individuals who aim to unlock their potential and advance their careers within the Victorian Public Service.
Identify your core values, goals and vision as a leader
- Deep dive into your personal leadership values
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Shape your leadership brand
Advanced Emotional Intelligence (EI) in the workplace
- Evaluate your EI level and identify opportunities for growth and leadership development
- Understand your EI and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Adapt leadership style to effectively manage different personalities
Tools to manage and lead productive teams
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- Leverage your leadership skills to motivate your team
- Build team capacity through coaching and performance feedback
Effective and practical decision making in complex environments
- Strategies to build team decision-making capabilities
- Draw on your experience, knowledge and judgement to make better decisions
- Deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
Successful management strategies
- Set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Problem identification and problem-solving strategies
- Support and influence stakeholders through change
Adaptive practices to thrive in times of change
- Effectively managing change and uncertainty in the workplace
- Identify and monitoring changes that impact your work environment
- Support your team, organisation and stakeholders through change
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Be an authentic leader and communicator
- Trust your initiative and judgment
- Embrace resilience and flexibility as key leadership skills
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Aspiring, emerging & existing leaders across all disciplines and departments throughout the Victorian Public Sector, including:
- VPS 5-6
- Assistant Directors
- Chief Officers
- Deputy Commissioners
- Senior Officers
- Senior Advisors