About the workshop
Effective communication is arguably the most important aspect of a leadership role in the Public Sector. Leaders need to constantly capitalise on their communication skills to manage complex challenges and maintain confidence. Successful contribution and collaboration require consistent development in terms of communication skills and personal skills.
The Public Sector can be difficult to navigate. With a constantly changing and challenging environment, leaders need to be mentally resilient and have a strong support network behind them. Taking advantage of the networking opportunities that arise in the Public Sector can be key to fast-tracking your career progression plan.
This workshop explores the power of resilience and the various skills needed to succeed as a leader in the Victorian Public Sector. You will learn the attributes of a successful leader and gain insight into building your own brand.
Fundamental attributes of confident leadership
- Develop a clear vision for success and learn to set achievable goals
- How to be productive and actively meet deadlines
- Explore personal, professional and leadership development opportunities
Maintain resilience and confidence through change
- Recognise the importance of keeping up to date in a rapidly evolving industry
- Learn practical strategies to remain resilient during times of change
- Build and maintain confidence in yourself and your team to adapt and overcome challenges
How to market your professional self and boost your brand
- Confidently showcase your skills, confidence, resilience, and experience to effectively market your professional self
- Learn how to communicate to influence perception
- Use branding to enhance your career and professional success
Effective networking - Build life mentors and a community of connections
- Take advantage of networking opportunities and identify who will have a positive effect on your career
- Identify how you can help and add value to others
- Engage with the person and not their position
Strategies to lead with an adaptive mindset
- Leverage your experience to tackle complex problems and generate evidence-based insights to inform decisions
- Apply strategies to cope with constant change and be ready to adapt to new challenges
- Build an adaptive and innovative mindset to lead your team effectively
Prepare for the unexpected and develop a future-focused strategy
- Predict the challenges associated with regulation in the Public Sector
- Plan for all possible scenarios
- Navigate the waters of innovation and advancement
Accelerate self and team performance through assertive influence
- Challenge and support team performance by assigning ambitious yet achievable goals
- Learn effective techniques to manage poor-performing staff members
- Effectively communicate constructive feedback
Driving change with confidence
- Embrace change and blend old and new ways of thinking to drive innovation
- Embed an innovative way of thinking in the workplace
- Apply strategies and techniques to overcome resistance and cultivate commitment to change
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.