About the workshop
Effective communication is arguably the most important aspect of a leadership role in the Public Sector. Leaders need to constantly capitalise on their communication skills to manage complex challenges and maintain confidence. Successful contribution and collaboration require consistent development in terms of communication skills and personal skills.
The Public Sector can be difficult to navigate. With a constantly changing and challenging environment, leaders need to be mentally resilient and have a strong support network behind them. Taking advantage of the networking opportunities that arise in the Public Sector can be key to fast-tracking your career progression plan.
This workshop explores the power of resilience and the various skills needed to succeed as a leader in the Public Sector. You will learn the attributes of a successful leader and gain insight into building your own brand.
- Develop a positive vision for success
- Be productive and actively meet deadlines
- Explore personal, professional and leadership development opportunities
Maintain resilience and confidence through change
- Evaluate the importance of keeping up to date in a rapidly evolving industry
- Driving knowledge to gain confidence and advantage
- Practical strategies to remain resilient
Market your professional self
- Confidently build your brand
- Showcase your skills, confidence, resilience and experience
- Communicate to influence perception
Effective networking - build life mentors and a community of connections
- Take advantage of networking opportunities and identify who will have a positive effect on your career
- Identify how you can help and add value to others
- Engage with the person and not their position
- Leverage your experience to address complex problems
- Generating evidence based insight to inform
- Apply strategies to cope with constant change
Expect change and envision the future
- Predicting the challenges associated with regulation in the Public Sector
- Plan for all possible scenarios
- Navigate the waters of innovation and advancement
Accelerating self and team performance through assertive influence
- Challenging and supporting team performance by assigning ambitious yet achievable goals
- How to manager poor performing staff members
- Effectively communicate constructive feedback
Confidently drive change as a female leader
- Embrace change and blend old and new ways of thinking
- Embed an innovative way of thinking in the workplace
- Apply strategies and techniques which influence resistance and commitment
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.