About the workshop
Women equate to 57% of staff in tertiary education within Australia. However, they hold only 30% of leadership positions. The benefits of diversity are well known and imperative in identifying catalysts that will redress gender inequality within the workplace. In this constantly evolving sector, authentic and resilient leadership in the face of change is pivotal to success.
In this workshop, you will be encouraged to think about your organisation holistically and to understand the opportunities and avenues in which you can be an effective change agent. Expert facilitation will allow you to explore the unique skills required to lead effectively in education. Practical and interactive sessions will equip you with the strategies and techniques to enable you to reach your full potential, to pursue your chosen career path and to achieve success.
- Management vs. leadership - What makes you distinctive?
- Leadership Styles - What the evidence says about what works and what doesn’t
- Developing resilience in a competitive leadership space
Understand your value and your values
- Recognising your values
- Understanding how your values lead your decision making
- Unleash your authentic leadership style
Strategic career progression
- Skills and approaches in managing your executive presence - Key derailers
- Positioning yourself for promotion - Highlighting your aptitude for leadership
- Maximising existing relationships and networks and building new ones for professional opportunities
Leading into the future
- Understanding where you are in your career journey
- Establishing your goals for leadership progression
- Creating a personal leadership plan
- Developing your communication strategy - Style, structure and substance
- Knowing your audience’s expectations - Effectively managing up and how important it is to do it differently
- Develop more flexibility in your communication overall
Conversations that build trust
- Develop your conversational influence
- Using verbal tracking skills like a professional
- Get the outcomes you want and need
Keeping the team on track for exceptional performance
- Monitoring behaviour and outcomes
- Communicating success - Dashboards and KPIs
- Preparing for and having difficult performance conversations with confidence
Dealing with high performers
- Being the manager that the best people want to work for
- How to identify high performers
- Giving feedback to keep high performers engaged
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs