About the workshop
Ongoing transformation across the Tasmanian Public Sector drives the need for effective leadership performance across all levels. Responsive and adaptable leaders are critical to navigate this change successfully, and ensure the commitment to high level service delivery across the state. To step up as leader, you must be strategic, influential and take responsibility for highly complex projects, and successfully align organisational policies and strategies with the entire agency.
Aimed at Band 6-7 leaders, managers and officers, this workshop will provide you the tools to build autonomy in your teams and become an influential senior decision maker. Sharpen your unique skill set to unlock your potential and take the next step in your career. This intensive professional development opportunity will set you up to hone your existing leadership competencies and acquire new skills and strategies to achieve the leadership goals of tomorrow.
- Expectations and values of Band 6-7 leader
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Understand your strengths and value as a leader
- Define your team’s purpose and vision to strategic goals
Advanced Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team and stakeholders
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Override emotional responses to stressful situations
- Utilise heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
Self-awareness and authentic leadership
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to build inclusivity
- Cultivate foresight and understanding of contemporary and international issues
- Recognise the importance of leading with transparency
- Adapt your leadership style to effectively lead and motivate others
Build resilience under pressure
- Anticipate and manage risk effectively
- Prepare for unexpected challenges
- Recognise that adversity is temporary
- Make crucial judgements under pressure
- Successfully align your teams with broader agency strategy and goals
- Cultivate your team to take ownership of their success
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Advocate the importance of integrity when leading a team
Stakeholder management and communication
- Understand and manage stakeholders expectations and reactions to change
- Develop conversational intelligence to turn reactions into positive responses
- Authoritatively represent and influence on behalf of your agency
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with external stakeholders
Team dynamics and development
- Enhance team cohesiveness, shared direction and motivation
- Foster innovation and inspiration in order to improve team performance
- Utilise feedback to improve team performance and competencies
- Cultivate a high-performance mindset through critical thinking
Next steps for Band 6-7 leaders
- Understand the leadership pipeline
- Prepare yourself for executive responsibilities
- Manage transition and identify future leadership priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.