About the workshop
The way organisations interact with their community is evolving. The need for an effective community engagement plan for your organisation has never been more critical. The proliferation of technology and digitised strategy has led to an increasingly reactive space where trust is in crisis and offline solutions are often overlooked. To effectively engage community confidence, you have to be prepared to share control of the narrative and balance your external communications strategy with internal stakeholder culture.
Organisations need dynamic community engagement and proactive stakeholder practices that drive corporate strategy. This will ensure mutually beneficial outcomes for your organisation, its stakeholders and the communities in which it operates.
Delivered by global VUCA expert David Ross, his bespoke two-day program will unlock the enabling potential of successful stakeholder communication and community engagement. You will explore stakeholder mapping, proactive communications strategy that fit your organisation's needs and the critical importance of effective outrage management practice.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities presented by complex stakeholder networks and relationships
- Explore the nature of conflict and why it exists
- Build and maintain a Social Licence to Operate (SLO)
Sharpening your tools, tactics and targeting
- Segment and prioritise your stakeholder groups using tried and tested models
- Establish success criteria, measures and metrics for engagement
- Explore formats, media and communication styles to facilitate two-way dialogue
- Manage the perception gap and understand your organisation’s assumptions
Establishing appropriate communication protocols
- Analyse your stakeholders, understand their needs and decision drivers
- Identify engagement goals for each group, topics and media
- Plan to communicate and effectively build ongoing positive relationships
Principles of outrage mitigation - Triggers, traps and trust
- Explore the drivers of community and stakeholder outrage
- Understand the nuances of risk perception as an underlying cause of outrage
- Analyse outrage in the context of your business needs and your stakeholders’ interests
- Explore fundamentals for establishing an outrage management program
- Right-fit your engagement strategies to the needs, goals, and internal architecture of your organisation
- Steps to establishing an outrage management program and strategy development
Managing internal expectations
- Understand and manage elevated stress within your organisation during crisis
- Lead and support your team to remain cohesive through conflict
- Distinguish corporate communications from face-to-face community engagement
Towards stakeholder and community engagement 2.0 and beyond
- Anticipate the challenges organisations and communities will face in the next five to ten years
- Sketch an outline for your engagement plan, drawing on the principles explored in the workshop
- Apply your learning to challenging case-studies
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs