About the workshop
Mindset and Practices
An engaged health and safety culture hinges on employees having a safety mindset and demonstrating sound safety practices. Research confirms that health and safety outcomes are linked to a safety mindset, enabling team members to be engaged in ever-evolving safety culture.
The synergy between mindset and practice is critical to safety culture. An understanding of the underlying psychological factors and motivators will enable you to lead your organisation’s safety culture and create a safe working environment.
What You Walk Away With...
This intensive masterclass will delve into the why's of these underlying psychological frameworks. Explore the drivers, unpack the human elements, and build a practical plan to create powerful programs that will transform mindsets and uplift safety in your organisation.
Dr Hillary Bennett will examine the main causes of a disengaged workforce and explore ways to overcome obstacles blocking a connected safety culture.
Mindset and practices to develop an engaged health and safety culture
- What is a safety mindset?
- A mindset and practices framework for understanding safety culture
- Strategies to change the mindset in teams and across your organisation
Relationship between the safety mindset and safe practices
- Why do people do what they do?
- Applied behavioural analysis (ABCs) to correct unsafe behaviours
- What can be done to give people the best chance of making safe behavioural choices and judgements?
Assessing safety culture in your organisation
- Tracking safety mindset and practices across the organisation
- Explore links between safety culture and psychological drivers
- Use the current mindset and practice to identify health and safety gains
The role of leadership to develop and sustain an engaged health and safety culture
- How leaders shape the safety culture
- Leadership mindset and practice for an engaged workforce
- Health and safety leadership - a ‘wicked’ problem?
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs