About the workshop
Safety leaders play a key role in strengthening the capacity of an organisation to perform in spite of challenges and risks in their environment. Overall success in the role can be traced back to effective leadership, a strategic mindset and a focus on engaging executive leaders and staff in the cultural change necessary to achieve the aspiration of zero harm.
To step up as a true safety leader, you need to effectively engage with the business across all levels as you develop your team and foster a culture of safety leadership in your organisation. Credibility, influence and the ability to position yourself as a trusted leader within the business and across the supply chain is key to success.
This workshop will equip you with a suite of practical skills and provides the opportunity to reflect upon your role as a leader, learn from each other’s experiences and provide a new vision for how you lead Workplace Health and Safety functions. The program will draw on the latest research in leadership and neuroscience to create an evidence-based framework for improving your impact and influence as a Safety Leader.
- Understand leadership behaviours and their impact
- The common attributes of successful executive-level leaders
- The common causes of leadership derailment
The neuroscience of leadership
- How we react to challenging job demands and its effect on decision making and leadership behaviour
- Understand the role of self-regulation on our thoughts, emotions and leadership behaviour
- The role and impact of judgment and emotional resilience on performance at higher management levels
Manage the challenges of senior leadership
- Develop self-awareness - Identify strengths and development needs
- Understand how you react to pressure
- A framework for developing self-regulation (CALM)
- How to deal with uncertainty or ambiguity and manage competing priorities
Influence and manage your colleagues and senior leaders
- Understand the different role requirements at executive leadership levels
- Influence without authority
- Develop Emotional Intelligence (EQ), a vital skill to better connect and communicate with diverse teams
- Develop your self-awareness to encourage an active learning culture in your team
- Deal with difficult people
- Techniques for effective conflict resolution in difficult or complex scenarios
- Self-management exercises and coping mechanisms that foster resilience
Develop advanced coaching skills for increased performance
- Conduct effective coaching conversations as a mechanism for embedding learning and influencing culture
- Coaching as a style of leadership
- Give and receive unwelcome feedback
- Influence upward: Challenging conversations with executive leadership
Change management and leadership essentials for Safety leaders
- The role of the Safety leader in designing and leading organisational change
- Understanding the human impact and reaction to change in a safety context
- The cognitive and emotional processes underpinning ‘resistance to change’
- The Safety leader’s role in helping to change
Safety leaders think-tank
- Wrap up discussion on key themes and your career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.