About the workshop
The ever changing strategic needs of the South Australian Public Service means there is a greater need for more effective leadership to serve and support the states prosperity and wellbeing. As such, emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level must be equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success. This is particularly true at the ASO 7-8 banded level, which increasingly requires greater strategic awareness and effective engagement with senior leadership.
This two-day workshop will provide you with the opportunity to embody core skills and explore emerging leadership capabilities required for effective ASO 7-8 level officers and management. You will explore the core attributes for successful leadership within the South Australian Public Service, delving into the practical strategies to lead productive teams, improve decision-making and establish key skills of stakeholder engagement.
- Expectations and values of ASO7-8 leaders
- Develop your ability to lead with enhanced self awareness
- Adapt to a systems thinking approach
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
Advanced Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team
- Adapt leadership style to effectively manage different personalities
- Override emotional responses to stressful situations
- Employ heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
Build team engagement and accountability
- Drive high performance through a cooperative work environment
- Strategies to build cohesive and dynamic teams
- Empower your team to take ownership of their success
- Successfully align your teams with broader agency strategy and goals
Maintain resilience through rapidly changing times
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
- Leading a team and developing people - do you understand each other’s expectations?
- Implement strength-based communication approaches in cross-cultural settings
- Flourish your negotiation skills with internal and external networks
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Effectively implement strategic initiatives across your organisation
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with external stakeholders
- Understanding and playing to different stakeholder needs, agendas and motivators
Strategic decision making in complex environments
- Make crucial judgements with confidence
- Execute initiatives under pressure, build resilience and techniques to work more productively
- Practice and maintain integrity as a leader
- Implement policies and procedures that reflect and embrace change
Managing up - Foster inter-agency relationships
- Managing up and influencing at the executive level
- Effectively code-switch to influence and achieve buy-in from senior leaders
- Represent and influence on behalf of your agency with authority
- Communicate to all stages of the ‘change curve’
Taking the next steps ASO7-8 roles and beyond
- Understand the leadership pipeline for ASO7-8 leaders
- Prepare yourself for executive responsibilities
- Manage transition and identify future leadership priorities
- Create an action plan for your career
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.