About the workshop
Ongoing strategic transformations occurring within the South Australian Public Service means there is a greater need for more effective leadership performance across all levels. As such, emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level must be equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success. This is particularly true at the ASO 5-6 banded level, which increasingly requires greater strategic awareness and effective engagement with senior leadership.
This two-day workshop will provide you with the opportunity to embody core skills and explore emerging leadership capabilities required for effective ASO 5-6 level officers and management. You will explore the core attributes for successful leadership within the South Australian Public Service, delving into the practical strategies to lead productive teams, improve decision-making and establish key skills of stakeholder engagement. A unique professional development opportunity to enhance and sharpen your unique skill set to unlock your full potential and take the next step in your career.
- Explore capabilities, attributes and skills of an effective leader
- Identify your core values and goals as a leader
- Advocate your value as a leader
- Shape and define your leadership brand
Lead and manage productive teams
- Maintain team cohesion and build productive relationships
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- Recognise and value individual differences
- Build team capacity through coaching and performance feedback
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and leadership development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Effective and practical decision making
- Make autonomous and independent decisions
- Draw on your experience, knowledge and judgement to make better decisions
- How to deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
- How to set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Problem identification and problem-solving strategies
- Support and influence stakeholders through change
- Explore technical vs. adaptive leadership approaches
Develop resilience to thrive in times of change
- Effectively managing change and uncertainty in the workplace
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- Support your team, organisation and stakeholders through change
- Implement policies and procedures that reflect and embrace change
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Key approaches for ASO5-6 leaders to develop confidence in their capabilities
- Develop your game plan
- Trust your initiative and judgement
- Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Embrace resilience and flexibility as key leadership skills
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.