About the workshop
The evolution of technology-driven data and IM systems is reinventing the rol
e of RIM and ICT professionals. While traditionally seen as the custodian of company records, RIM, and ICT professionals need to go beyond ensuring IM compliance and security to lead transformation and provide strategic, analytical foresight for business growth. On top of having technical knowledge and competence, you must hone broad leadership skill-sets that include driving change management, stakeholder communication, enhancing team collaboration, as well as delivering innovation and IM project excellence.
This practical workshop is specifically designed to prepare you for future challenges and potential growth. You will explore modern concepts in leadership, digital transformation, information governance and user experience, to ride the tides of disruptive change and deliver expert solutions for robust business outcomes.
Latest trends, issues, and potential impacts facing RIM & ICT professionals
- How RIM and ICT is evolving and how you can prepare for future challenges
- Delve into the impacts of technological advances
- Explore essential leadership qualities
The transition from technical specialist to a strategic business enabler
- The shift from technical specialist to leader - What's the difference?
- What does authentic leadership mean to you?
- Characteristics of exceptional leaders and how to develop them
Modernise your skillset
- Identify and break habits that derail us
- Develop positive personal leadership habits - planning, productivity, deep work, and continuous learning
- Identify your values and goals
Prepare to be a change leader
- Communicate change effectively and promptly
- Break down complex jargon and processes to communicate with non-IM business peers
- Build consistent visions, goals, and messages of your digital transformation plan
Leading digital transformation
- Understand how businesses are evolving and the impact on the existing resource/technology structures in your organisation
- Align your digital transformation plan with business needs
- Create and lead an integrated information, data, and technology approach
Explore project management methodologies – the good, the bad, the ugly
- Lead an IM change project - What is required? What works? What doesn’t? How do you avoid the pitfalls?
- Challenges and issues to mitigate risk and maximise competitive advantage
- Practical strategies to approach change resistance
- Manage challenging conversations
Digital by design - Create and deliver a seamless user experience
- Understand IM and ICT from the users’ perspective
- Explore and understand Design Thinking
- Applying design thinking to digital transformation and projects
- Support an organisational culture that welcomes innovation
Establish networks and connection for digital transformation
- Identify and understand your internal and external stakeholders
- Practical approaches to building better connection, collaboration, and how to facilitate co-creation
- How to support and partner with others to achieve greater efficiency and productivity
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.