About the workshop
Transformations in the Queensland Public Sector have unlocked new and exciting opportunities for emerging women leaders to step up into senior executive roles. To successfully navigate this complex and ever-changing environment, leaders must possess keen insight into the internal and external challenges facing the sector, but also a clear understanding of themselves and the impact they have within their team, as well as the broader organisation.
Aspiring leaders in this environment must display reflective thinking, self-awareness, planning and strategy, but also the confidence and courage to put themselves forward for new opportunities and challenges. Successful leaders understand the importance of taking their career progression into their own hands, strategically driving their own advancement.
This workshop will equip you with the tools and practical knowledge to build confidence in your leadership abilities and best position yourself to advance your career to senior levels.
- The VUCA environment (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous)
- Public sector challenges in a VUCA world
- The role of the leader / manager in VUCA organisations
- Key differences between management and leadership
Understanding organisational complexity
- Distinguish types of complexity (imposed, inherent, designed and dysfunctional) and their characteristics
- How do effective leaders / managers promote performance in complex settings?
- Leading a team and developing people
Understanding managerial and leadership shifts
- Collaborative knowledge generation and sense-making
- Dealing with difficult people
- The role of the leader in helping staff cope with VUCA challenges
Maximise culture and performance
- What does ‘good’ culture look like in the new environment
- The innovation challenge - Where are we now, and how do we get to ‘good’?
- Self-assessment - Strengths to build on, and strengths to build
- Capabilities, attributes, and skills of an influential leader
- Develop personal worth, power, and responsibility
- Embrace complexity, uncertainty and diversity
Maintain resilience and authenticity through difficult times
-Techniques to maintain resilience
- Being an authentic leader
- Practice and maintain integrity as a leader
Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy to become a better leader
Understand your own leadership style
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
- Recognise demands of leadership and the expectations of the organisation
- Understand the expectations of team members and direct reports
- Develop a personal leadership plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs