About the workshop
Ongoing strategic transformations within the Queensland Public Sector means there is a greater need for leaders across all levels to foster new and innovative approaches to leadership. As such, emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level must be equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success and enable a high performing and future-focused sector capable of making a positive difference.
Aimed at AO 5-6 leaders, this two-day workshop will provide you with the opportunity to embody core skills and explore emerging leadership capabilities. You will explore the core attributes for successful leadership within the Queensland Public Sector, delving into the practical strategies to lead productive teams, improve decision-making and establish key skills of stakeholder engagement. A unique professional development opportunity to enhance and sharpen your unique skill set to unlock your full potential and take the next step in your career.
Personal leadership values
- Explore expectations and values of AO 5-6 leaders
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- Build and sustain positive relationships with your team, stakeholders and customers
- Shape and define your leadership brand
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and leadership development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Lead and manage productive teams
- Create and convey a clear vision for your team
- Recognise and value diversity in your team’s working and communication styles
- Build team capability through coaching and performance feedback
- Establish a cohesive and supportive team environment
Effective decision-making in complex environments
- Contribute your expertise to achieve outcomes for the agency
- How to deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
- Identify evaluate and harness information from diverse sources to drive practical decisions
- Effectively share information with others and encourage cooperation in coping with change
- How to engage your team to translate strategic plans into concrete actions
- Set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Develop resilience to maximise personal and team focus
- Empower your team to embrace change initiatives
Influential communication and collaboration
- Communicate with presence and pride to achieve influence
- Enable collaborative decision making in your team
- Negotiate effectively with confidence in challenging situations
- How to overcome barriers and resistance through proactive consultation and engagement
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Nurture internal and external relationships
- How to influence people with different motivations and priorities
- Maintain awareness of the personalities, motivations and other diverse qualities of people
- Manage competing agendas, tight timeframes, organisational changes
Key approaches for AO 5-6 leaders to develop confidence in their capability
- Recognise opportunities for growth through agile learning and development of self-awareness
- Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Embrace resilience and flexibility as key leadership skills
- Develop your game plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.