About the workshop
Due to new strategic directions and ongoing transformation in the New Zealand Public Service, there is now an enhanced focus on effective leadership performance across all levels. Public Sector leaders must undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in an autonomous and strategic manner. Emerging leaders eager to take their careers to the next level must be equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success. This is particularly important for managers, team leaders, senior advisors and similar roles, which increasingly require greater strategic awareness and effective engagement with senior leadership.
With an increased push for leadership excellence and competency by the State Service Commission, many emerging leaders lack the key leadership skills they need to perform in the Public Sector. Designed for Tier 4, 5 & 6 professionals, this intensive two-day event will explore the core attributes required for successful leadership within the New Zealand Government. It will deliver practical strategies for leading productive teams, improving decision making, applying strategic management thinking and developing key skills of stakeholder engagement and communication. These are increasingly becoming key competencies for Tier 4, 5 & 6 level leaders to perform at a higher level and to reach their full leadership potential.
Directly addressing the New Zealand Public Sector’s new leadership development guidelines, this workshop is designed to give aspiring and emerging leaders the opportunity to establish a successful leadership profile. Ideal for career driven individuals, this two-day intensive will provide the foundation to unlock potential as a leader, now and for the future.
- Identifying your leadership values and purpose
- Demonstrating authentic leadership
- Leadership self-acceptance and confidence
Leadership curiosity and agility
- Fostering learning agility in self and others
- Recognising mindsets and role-modelling a growth mindset
- Ensuring an open and agile approach to exploring and integrating new ideas
Communication for improved effectiveness and workplace relations
- Altering your style to suit different situations and people
- Ensuring clear communication of organisational strategy and change
- Courageously delivering difficult or unpopular decisions and feedback
Developing resilience through honest and courageous leadership
- Bouncing back from failure and ensuring a positive outlook
- Adopt a solution-focused approach to problem solving
- Maintain peak performance in times of stress
- Identifying the difference between operational and strategic leadership
- Leading for the future while meeting current demands
- Engaging stakeholder support and sector-wide participation
Talent management - Developing teams and individuals
- Providing opportunities for professional growth for team members
- Team dynamics and development
- Understanding and creating employee engagement
Delivery management - Making it happen
- The skills needed to make it happen
- Translating strategy into action
- Prioritisation and delegation
Turning insight into action - Goal setting for change and development
- Understanding the psychology of effective goal setting
- Creating your own action plan
- Maintaining motivation and momentum
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs