About the workshop
In a climate of ongoing change and complexity in the Australian Public Service, traditional employee engagement and performance management principles are no longer delivering the goods. Progressive organisations and teams are looking to new systems and initiatives, embedding development conversations into the everyday, working to more clearly link business plans with individual performance and organisational culture.
This specially designed two-day program will deliver new frameworks for managing employee performance and engagement in a changing Public Sector environment. This interactive, practical course will unlock the power of motivational mapping and explore the latest employee engagement strategies and systems. It'll help you implement a motivational and user-friendly system aligned with the strategic direction of your organisation.
Register today to reserve your spot!
- What do we mean by employee engagement? Make sure we’re all speaking the same language
- Why do we care? Examine the consequences and impacts of unengaged staff
- Explore what disengagement looks like in your department or team
- How do we measure it?
Effective frameworks for enablement
- Communicate across different cultures - policy, operational, corporate, programs, compliance
- How do we do things here? The importance of leadership and vision
- Understand and align divisional and organisational cultures
- Manage clashes and learn to effectively “code switch” to keep on message
Strength lies in difference
- Understand different employee motivations
- “Don’t give me an award!” - recognise employee’s unique reward structures
- How to implement different motivators while retaining consistency
- Four modes of communication and behaviour – TetraMap/HBDI model
Engaging with risk and managing the consequences
- Agility, risk aversion and organisational expectation in the Australian Public Service
- Giving permission to fail, and courage to learn
- Understand value drivers for each team member, and tailor your conversations
- Enable employees to take ownership of their work
- Offer trust and adopt a coaching mindset
- How good practice, rules and regulations are undermined by lack of trust
- Prepare for tough conversations - catch it before it becomes a problem
- Tackle underperformance with the right language, reframing and consistency
Understand the conversation around the conversation
- Fully embrace new mindsets - Don’t just talk the talk
- Ensure performance conversations flow both ways
- Learn to listen effectively, and become open to 180ᐤ feedback
- Reinforce support with consistent feedback - for each manager, and across management team
Embedding purpose in performance management
- Get rid of reviews! Embed performance conversations in your day-to-day
- The neuroscience behind ratings, and how they can kill performance
- Understanding connotations and the potential roads to disengagement
- What is your performance scheme trying to achieve?
Employee performance engagement in a changing APS
- Ensure employees are engaged in organisational change
- Keeping pace - understand your people’s capacity to acclimatise to change
- Understand how the matrix of motivations interact through a change initiative
- Roadmap for the future- wrap-up, takeaways and action plans
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs