About the workshop
Project finance presents unique challenges and considerations. Not all projects are alike, so your modelling needs to consider an array of variables. Project finance modelling skills are essential capabilities for all for finance and project professionals, from those already working in the project space to those wishing to improve their employability and career agility.
Under the expert tutelage of Tim Emonson, you will explore intermediate and advanced theoretical frameworks for project finance modelling on Day One. You will revise the fundamentals of best practice financial modelling and project finance, providing a sound foundation to progress to a sophisticated exploration of project finance risk analysis. You will learn the compelling nuances of project finance modelling in the context of real-life case-studies.
Day Two will provide you with opportunities to practically apply the learning of Day One in rigorous practice exercises. Explore the initial set-up of your model to the time/finance nexus, to balancing the tightrope of debt and equity, and finally some hands-on work with software which will revolutionise your professional practice.
Fundamentals of best practice financial modelling
- Understand best practice spreadsheet modelling standards
- Explore financial modelling code
- Master three-way financial statement modelling
Fundamentals of project finance
- Analyse the core attributes of project finance
- Understand the relationship between players and risk
- Explore global trends in project and infrastructure finance
Project finance risk analysis
- Mitigate common risks in project finance
- Project environmental, political and regulatory risks
- Understand common approaches to measuring and modelling project finance risks
Apply financial modelling to project finance
- Quantify specific project risks and mitigation measurement
- Determine cash flows, covenants and waterfalls and calculate ratios for investors, banks, and sponsors
- Examine the best methods for sensitivity and scenario analysis
Time series and finance mapping
- Map the peaks and troughs of activity and expenditure
- Build the time-series for construction and operations
- Plan financing for construction and operation periods
Balance debt and equity
- Prioritise drawing and repaying of debt
- Meet financial institution covenants and safeguards to ensure continued funding
- Build and executive dashboard to communicate essential information to executive stakeholders
Essential tech and software applications
- Use Visual Basic for Applications to optimise debt facilities
- Examine other Visual Basic for Applications methods to sculpt and optimise the project finance model
- Conduct a risk analysis using Monte Carlo simulations
Extend your project finance model
- Explore the functions of the latest modelling software applications
- Optimise strategic and operational planning
- Enhance the accuracy of your capital and expense planning
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.