About the workshop
A logic model is a visual representation of a plan of action or program map guiding the design and implementation of a policy, project or program. This tool provides management with a clear picture of what a program is aiming to achieve and the outcomes that it is intended to deliver. This can also be used as a tool for building a relevant evaluation framework from which to measure success of the program.
Program logic has gained traction across all tiers of government as the best practice approach for planning and evaluation as it clearly communicates what the program is, what it is expected to achieve, and how success will be measured. Evaluation of a program needs to go beyond outputs (quantifiable impacts or results), and include outcomes (the broader client responses to the program). Program logic when applied correctly brings all levels of the outputs and outcomes together into a clearly articulated performance story.
This practical hands on workshop aims to equip participants with the necessary knowledge to create and communicate outcome focused program plans that have been built with evaluation in mind. The workshop will provide:
- Discussion of logic models as an effective tool for program or policy design
- Understand how to undertake the next steps of a program including implementation and evaluation
- Define the key elements of a program logic
- Integrating the elements of the program including resource inputs, planned activities, stakeholder roles and impacts, and planned results or outcomes
- Engaging stakeholders in the development process
- Taking the appropriate steps for building a logic model for a program, project or policy initiative
- Creating the program logic document - Communicating key elements of the program
- Use the model to define evaluation metrics and performance indicators
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.