About the workshop
PMO owns a unique place within an organisation, tackling the complexities of large-scale change and the execution of vital programs. Frameworks and forecasts form the backbone of any successful Project Management agenda, but in order to punch it up to the next level and emerge as a true leader and business partner, project managers need to expand their knowledge base and master a new set of leadership skills.
This two-day interactive workshop will give you the tools needed to effectively guide and support your team through complex projects and reinforce healthy practice. You will learn how to tailor your communication and behaviour and gain insight into how this affects the team’s capability. Throughout a series of expert-led sessions, you will experience a range of new techniques and processes to assist them in overcoming the common challenges of this dynamic field.
- The physicality of leadership
- The emotionally intelligent leader
- Why empathy works
- Manage professional and personal set-backs effectively
How leadership styles impact PMO success
- Align values to impact project performance
- Recognise how your leadership style may hinder or enhance project performance
- Identify how your leadership style can be a blocker or enabler of change
- Navigate changing leadership presence and styles in an organisation
Engage stakeholders and real-time management
- Analyse stakeholders for purpose not process
- Friends with benefits - Work collaboratively to manage change
- Create a common ground for dialogue to facilitate inclusive communication
- Effective communication and issues management
Strategies for effective PMO
- Encourage support and buy-in from senior management
- Collaborate with external groups for effective partnerships
- Manage difficult conversations and resolve conflict in a project cycle
- Build your circle of influence - Networks and leadership
- Take a proactive problem solving approach
- Back the hunch with the data crunch - Getting your facts right
- Break down the barriers to critical thinking
- Roadblocks to effective solutions
Manage by exception and the efficiency of delegation
- Realistic performance measures for managing by exception
- Set up your project for effective delegation - Understand expectations
- Barriers to effective delegation and the micro manager
- Identify triggers of non-performance
Drive effectiveness through mentoring and coaching
- The role of the leader in improving staff experience
- Coaching staff for increased performance
- Lead by example - How to set positive behaviours
- Seek out and work with a mentor to strengthen personal leadership
Build personal leadership traits
- Understand your value as a PMO leader and how to increase that unique value
- Cultivate a high-performance mind-set
- Lead with perspective and purpose
- Set your leadership blueprint
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.