About the workshop
In the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (‘VUCA’) world in which we live and work, organisations are increasingly performance and results focused. Performance-Based Contracting (PBC) strategies go a long way to mitigating the risks involved in such an environment by aligning the objectives and values of the contractor and organisation.
Ongoing pressure to reduce operating costs drive organisations to maximise savings, risking unforeseen repercussions. A robust PBC model will ensure a stable foundation for contract management, control and supplier relationships to evolve, flourish, and deliver cost-efficient, sustainable, and superior service.
In this workshop, you will learn a structured approach to developing your PBC, with consideration to the entire life-cycle of the relationship. You will learn how to identify the right partner at the best cost, manage the contract from drawing to fulfilment, and maintain a mutually beneficial business relationship beyond the close of the agreement.
Join the host of organisations and sectors capitalising on the benefits of PBC, avoiding the common pitfalls, and maximising efficiency and productivity gains.
Defining a performance-based contract
- Identify your key performance objectives within your service levels using O-S-T (Objectives – Strategy – Tactics)
- Understand the essential elements of the performance-based contract
- Develop your Procurement Plan in support of the PBC
- Define a process for developing a performance-based contract
Setting performance levels and establishing the outcome of the arrangement
- Understand what the outcome of a performance-based contract should be
- Pin-point the key elements for contractual success
- Identify and manage stakeholders
- Define required performance levels
Identifying the Key Performance Indicators
- Utilise a practical methodology for determining KPIs
- Understand the role and impact of KPIs from a ‘whole of contract’ perspective
- Analyse risk assessment mechanisms
- Incorporate risk into the performance model
Performance-based contract governance & control
- Foster a healthy culture of urgency and healthy vigilance
- Understand the importance of visibility, reporting and performance tracking for procurement functions
- Contextualise supplier relationship management in performance-based contracting
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs