About the workshop
Ongoing transformation across the NTPS drives the need for effective leadership performance across all levels. Responsive and adaptable leaders are critical to navigate this change successfully, and ensure the commitment to high level service delivery across the state. To step up as leader, you must be strategic, influential and take responsibility for highly complex projects, and successfully align organisational policies and strategies with the entire agency.
Aimed at AO6-7 level leaders, managers and officers, this workshop will provide you the tools to build autonomy in your teams and become an influential senior decision maker. Sharpen your unique skill set to unlock your potential and take the next step in your career. This intensive professional development opportunity will set you up to hone your existing leadership competencies and acquire new skills and strategies to achieve the leadership goals of tomorrow.
- Expectations and values of AO6-7 leaders
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Define your team’s contribution to the organisation’s strategic goals (team purpose and vision)
- Develop and influence key strategic directions
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team and stakeholders
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Utilise heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
- Adapt leadership style to effectively manage different personalities
Self-awareness and authentic leadership
- Understand your strengths and value as a leader
- Prepare for unexpected challenges
- Set and lead strategic directions across the organisation
- Cultivate foresight and understanding of contemporary and international issues
Build resilience under pressure
- Acting vs reacting upon unexpected developments
- Anticipate and manage risk effectively
- Maintain momentum and sustain effort despite criticism
- Make crucial judgements with confidence
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
- Authoritatively represent and influence on behalf of your agency
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with external stakeholders
- Recognise links between interconnected issues, identify problems and work ways to resolve them
Build team capability and accountability
- Set yourself up for strategic people leadership
- Successfully align your teams with broader agency strategy and goals
- Effectively implement strategic initiatives
- Cultivate your team to take ownership of their success
Team dynamics and development
- Co-create high performance, establish a culture of peak
- Strategies to build cohesive and engaged teams
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
Taking the next step
- Create an action plan for your career
- Understand the leadership pipeline
- Prepare yourself for executive responsibilities
- Manage transition and identify future leadership priorities
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.