About the workshop
In the transitional environment of the NSW Public Sector, leaders are valued for their ability to skillfully manage complex situations and withstand external challenges. To succeed as a leader and drive productivity in your teams, it is essential to develop a firm understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. In doing so, you'll learn how they can impact your team's performance as well as your own. You will need to demonstrate keen insight into internal and external challenges, show strong emotional intelligence and the ability to positively impact stakeholders to lead with greater influence and effectiveness.
This workshop will equip you with the tools and knowledge to build confidence in your abilities as a leader. This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind. You'll be equipped with a practical leadership strategy that you can use to navigate a successful career in the NSW Public Sector.
- Explore the main elements of EQ
- How to identify your areas of strength and weakness
- Evaluate your emotional responses and their effects
Use EQ to drive productivity
- Understand emotional drivers to better motivate yourself and your team
- Expand emotional agility - adapt behaviour to suit different leadership styles
- Emotional reasoning for effective decision making
Strengthen your resilience and resolve
- Perform productively through tough times
- Deal constructively with stress, criticism and setbacks
- Effectively manage conflict and turn negativity into opportunity
EQ to progress in your career
- Recognise and explore areas of growth and development
- Understand behaviour in times of change
- Proactively apply EQ moving forward
- Develop productive communication skills
- Practice authenticity
- Influence and engage your teams
- Adapt strategies to manage different people
- Harness and resolve conflict
- Understand and prioritise key relationships
Beyond the words - Nonverbal and paraverbal communication
- Use eye contact and posture to make your message stick
- Master your gestures to influence with purpose
- Fine-tune pitch, tone and speed of your speech to make an impact
Personal action plan for success in the NSW Public Sector
- Identify and respond to threats and see challenges as opportunities
- Determine your areas for development, key resources, change agents and networks
- Plan your actions - identify and pursue opportunities beyond your to-do-list
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.