About the workshop
Ongoing transformation within the NSW State Public Service creates a greater need for effective leadership performance across all levels. Public Sector leaders are now required to undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in an autonomous and strategic manner. As such, emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level must be better equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success. This is particularly true at the Grade 9-10 banded level, which requires strategic awareness and effective engagement with senior leadership.
Aimed at Grade 9-10 level officers and management, this two-day workshop will provide you with an opportunity to advance core skills and explore the emerging leadership capabilities required for effective Grade 9-10 level management. You will explore the core attributes required for successful leadership within the NSW Public Service and delve into practical strategies relating to leading productive teams to perform at a higher level to reach your full leadership potential.
Personal leadership values
- The capabilities, attributes and skills of an effective leader
- Identify your core values and goals as a leader
- Advocate your value as a leader
- Shape your leadership brand
Lead and manage productive teams
- Maintain team cohesion and build productive relationships
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- Leverage off your own leadership skills to better motivate your team
- Build team capacity through coaching and performance feedback
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and leadership development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Effective and practical decision-making
- Make autonomous and independent decisions
- Draw on your experience, knowledge and judgement to make the most effective decisions
- How to deal with complex issues: making the ‘right’ decision
Successful change and strategic management
- Set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Problem identification and problem-solving strategies
- Support and influence stakeholders through change
- Leadership styles that drive effective transformation and change
Develop resilience to thrive in times of change
- Effectively managing change and uncertainty in the workplace
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- Support your team, organisation and stakeholders through change
- Implement policies and procedures that reflect and embrace change
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Core approaches for NSW Public Sector Leaders to advance their confidence in their capabilities
- Be an authentic leader and communicator
- Trust your initiative and judgement
- Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Embrace resilience and flexibility as key leadership skills
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.