About the workshop
Shifts and transformations occurring nationally and internationally have a dramatic effect on the NSW Public Sector. Responsive and adaptable leaders are critical when navigating this change successfully. Aligning organisational policies and strategies with the entire branch is crucial. Leaders who are responsible for this must be strategic, influential and take responsibility for highly complex projects. They must also communicate and enable their team to effectively see these projects through. This is particularly true for those in Grades 11-12 roles, where accountability and the ability to deal with highly sensitive issues is required.
Aimed at future leaders and Grade 11-12 level officers and management, this two-day workshop will deliver the essential toolkit for leading successfully in the NSW Public Sector. It will provide you with the chance to hone your existing leadership competencies and acquire new skills as you take the next step in your career.
Undertaking increasing managerial responsibilities and cultivating the strategic foresight to adapt to emerging challenges is key to success. This program will delve into the increasing complexities of stakeholder management, building autonomous teams and becoming an influential senior decision-maker.
- Expectations and values of Grades 11-12
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Develop and influence key strategic directions
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Utilise heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
Self-awareness and authentic leadership
- Understand your strengths and value as a leader
- Prepare for unexpected challenges
- Override emotional responses to stressful situations
Build resilience under pressure
- Acting vs reacting upon unexpected developments
- Anticipate and manage risk effectively
- Make crucial judgements under pressure
Stakeholder management and communication
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
- Authoritatively represent and influence on behalf of your agency
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with external stakeholders
Build team capability aligned with organisational expectations
- Adaptable leadership strategies for managing different people
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Co-create high performance - Establish a culture of peak performance
Team dynamics and development
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
- Understand the leadership pipeline
- Implement strategic initiatives
Take the next step
- Create an action plan for your career
- Prepare yourself for a new role
- Manage transition and identify future leadership priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.