About the workshop
Transformations in the Northern Territory Public Sector have unlocked new and exciting opportunities for emerging women leaders to step up into senior executive roles, and for established leaders to hone their skills. To successfully navigate this complex and ever-changing environment, leaders must possess keen insight into the internal and external challenges facing the sector, but also a clear understanding of themselves and the impact they have within their team, and the broader organisation.
Aspiring leaders in this environment must display reflective thinking, self-awareness, planning and strategy, but also the confidence and courage to put themselves forward for new opportunities and challenges. Successful leaders understand the importance of taking their career progression into their own hands, and strategically driving their own advancement.
This workshop will equip you with the tools and practical knowledge to build confidence in your leadership abilities and to best position yourself to advance their careers. This hands-on, two day interactive learning session has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind, it aims to equip you with a practical leadership plan that you can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
You will be invited to complete an online emotional intelligence assessment instrument, the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i). The EQ-i is one of the most respected and recognised EQ assessment instruments worldwide and it will provide you with a robust and intuitive framework to address questions related to resilience and provide insight into your leadership strengths.
Personal leadership reports will be made available at the workshop. The report will form the foundation of the workshop and will tailor your learning experience of leadership in relation to emotional intelligence.
What is leadership and what’s your style?
- Determine the fundamentals of leadership attributes and skills of influential leaders
- Discover the style that best motivates and drives others
- Embrace your leadership style and maximise your strengths
- Build self-awareness on the way others perceive your style
How to lead with Emotional Intelligence (EQ) using Multi-Health Systems EQ Leadership Model
- Identify your EQ Composite Levels: Self-Perception, Self-Expression, Interpersonal Relationships, Decision-Making and Stress Management
- Evaluate your EQ strengths and identify opportunities for further growth and development
- Understand the qualities of flexibility, empathy, resilience and authenticity to maximise your leadership style
How do your beliefs and values impact on your EQ/Leadership approach?
- Understand your internal drivers and how they impact on your reactions
- Appreciate and recognize how your drivers may impact on others
What EQ strategies and practical actions do you need to focus on?
- Identify a variety of strategies and practical actions in the five composite areas of the MHS EQ Leadership Model
- Select from a menu of strategies/actions to tailor your personal leadership plan needs
- Leverage from your strengths and understand how to minimise areas of growth
How to lead through rapid change
- Exploring internal and external factors and drivers that impact on leadership capability
- Leadership challenges in a public sector world and leveraging your EQ in the workplace
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
Understanding organisational complexity
- What we say and what we do
- Leading a team and developing people – Do you understand each other’s expectations?
- Strategic leaders ask the right questions…what are they?
- What does a ‘good’ culture look like?
Managing conflict and dealing with difficult behaviour
- Employer obligations: the importance of natural justice and procedural fairness
- How do leaders deliver outcomes and create performance in the land of chaos?
- Practical scenarios to manage conflict and difficult behaviours
Reviewing the personal leadership plan
- Identify and cross check the plan from day one
- Review in light of the new information from day two
- Highlight / change strategies, actions and areas of focus
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.