About the workshop
- Analyse the rapidly changing nature of work and the power of micro-credentials to support professionals
- Explore the evolving models for micro-credentials and their capacity for education and social good
- Identify the best micro-credential model for your institution’s needs and ambitions
- Understand the benefits of micro-credentials for business and learners alike
- Learn how to engage with industry to identify commercial drivers
- Unpack the AQF’s current position on micro-credentials and prepare for likely regulation in the future
- Execute a practical design exercise tailored to your business interests
- Learn how to extrapolate assessable skills and capabilities from knowledge-driven content
Defining and embracing micro-credentials
- Explore and critique how we recognise learning
- Identify the key characteristics of micro-credentials
- Understand the social and business case for micro-credentials, and the unique value proposition they offer learners
Working with internal and external stakeholders
- Consult and collaborate with industry to ensure the currency and efficacy of your micro-credential suite
- Work with academic and strategic leaders towards mutually beneficial outcomes for business and students
- Understand the similarities and differences between vocational, skills-based training and assessment, and traditional structures and goals of tertiary education
Micro-credentials and the AQF
- Explore the key-takeaways from the AQF’s current position on micro-credentials
- Analyse the implications and opportunities presented for universities in the AQF’s evolving stance on micro-credentials
- Future-proof your micro-credential suite for AQF regulation
Micro-credentials and the future of work and learning
- Explore the power of micro-credentials to create pathways to education for marginalised groups
- Understand the changing nature of work and careers and how micro-credentials can benefit individuals and industry alike
- Consider the future of higher education in a rapidly evolving and metamorphic labour market
Models for micro-credentials
- Assess the goals of your organisation’s micro-credential ambitions against tried and tested models
- Analyse the pros and cons of various models of micro-credential for students and business
- Balance and align business and student best interests in the selection of micro-credential models
Choose from three streams depending on your business needs and ambitions, and explore the nuances of designing micro-credentials for different intentions.
- Analyse pre-existing course-content for assessable skills and capabilities
- Embed micro-credentials into long-form qualifications for incremental certification of skills acquisition
- Notionally index your micro-credentials to the AQF
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.