About the workshop
Data science is driving big shifts in marketing. An increasingly competitive landscape is leading businesses to upskill their marketing function with robust data science and analytics reach. For marketers, the use of data analytics has potential and a lot of power - building commercial user ‘personas’ from advanced analysis of social media activity, creating accessible visualisations of complex data patterns and overcoming prevalent issues of ad fraud in advertising ecosystems. Whether you’re a marketer, data analytics professional or full-fledged data scientist, this interactive course offers a complete business solution for your organisation.
Over two days you will unpack the fundamentals of marketing data science and strategies for successful implementation of a marketing analytics program of work. Explore everything from predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms, customer segmentation strategies and data visualisation essentials. Get to grips with mock datasets and live algorithms and walk away with a personalised project plan ready to action back at the office.
- Explore the fundamentals of data science and analytics for marketing
- Delve into the different roles and professional capabilities in data analytics
- Explore approaches to organisational structure around data science
- Discuss and learn key elements of a successful data science
- Review real-world case studies of data science projects in marketing
- How to successfully put a marketing analytics program in place
- How to support the marketing executive to put strategy into action
- Define your deliverables and structure your delivery process
Examples and key concepts of data science in marketing
- Distilling the applicability of data science across different marketing domains
- Getting your head around popular terms - big data, deep learning, artificial intelligence, machine learning, NLP, Cloud AI, and many others in the context of marketing analytics
- Discuss and explain how data science is applied in a variety of digital marketing settings (real-time bidding, programmatic media, content marketing personalisation, image recognition, etc.)
- Deep dive into some basic concepts, tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Provide a comprehensive review of different cloud solutions for data science
- Understand the role of a variety of data management platforms in solving marketing analytics problems
- Understand biases and other common issues in data science and analytics
- Explore current limitations and discuss future outlook of data science in marketing
- Real-time experimentation with data analytics applied to a fictitious business
- Understand basic data analysis and descriptive statistics concepts
- Explore basic predictive analytics/machine learning algorithms in a marketing context
- Learn and apply a basic approach to predicting revenue for new products
- Learn and apply a basic approach to predicting customer churn
- Learn and apply basic concepts for customer segmentation
- Establish ways to advance sales forecasting techniques beyond traditional methods
- Learn and discuss time-series analysis and prediction for website visitors
- Explore other analytics techniques applied to social media analytics, image and video analytics, etc
Data science, visualisation and storytelling
- Defining the key conditions for a successful data visualisation solution
- Data design fundamentals and visualisation literacy in the context of marketing data science and analytics
- Understand the power of visual storytelling
- Differences between different types of visualisation, tools and best practice
- Tackle challenges and create solutions using data analytics and predictive analysis
- Overview and hands-on examples using the most popular data visualisation tools
- Effectively organise your data and dashboards, and streamline your data assets
- How to pick the right visual language to influence your audience
- Working with complex charts and data visualisations
- Simplifying the data to tell your story more effectively
- Telling compelling action-oriented stories with data
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.