About the workshop
Local government continues to transform, creating challenges and opportunities for leaders in local councils. To achieve success, leaders must be equipped with the skills to navigate the sector's challenges, deal with change and drive transformation. It is crucial to possess a well-rounded set of skills, focused political acumen and to embody an influential leadership style.
This hands-on, two-day interactive workshop has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind. It will equip you with a practical leadership plan that you can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
Book now to secure a seat and take the next step in your career.
- Tackle unique environmental factors, public scrutiny and the challenges of dealing with elected members
- Build public accountability in yourself and your team
- Explore bureaucracy as a barrier to innovation, breaking down silo mentality
Understand your own leadership style
- Define your leadership style
- What are the capabilities, attributes and skills of an influential leader?
- Align your leadership strengths with the expectations of your organisation
Everyday career management practices
- Scaling the heights and surviving the hard yards
- The real challenges, obstacles and opportunities on the long road to success
- Practical and personal advice for career progression
Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and authenticity to become a better leader
- Distinguish types of change and their characteristics
- Lead a team through change
- How do effective leaders/managers promote performance in complex settings?
Developing influential communication skills
- Alter your style to suit different situations and people
- Ensure clear communication of organisational strategy and change
- Courageously deliver difficult or unpopular decisions and feedback
Strengthen your resilience and resolve
- Leadership under pressure - how to perform productively through tough times
- Bounce back from challenging situations and predicaments
- Effectively manage conflict and turn negativity into opportunity
Local government leaders think tank
- Wrap up reflection on key themes and create your career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs