About the workshop
Leaders face a complex set of challenges, managing many different personalities and dynamics, with underlying psychological drivers. By understanding the essential psychology principles behind these relationships, at an individual and organisational level, you will be better equipped to lead others effectively, and safely manage the impacts of common de-railers.
One major obstacle you will face as a leader is managing change. Change can be scary and it’s unsettling - in fact, even in the organisational sense, it can be genuinely traumatic. Leadership and change management, therefore, can really be seen as a trauma prevention strategy. When we consider that the symptoms of trauma include anxiety, poor concentration, confusion, reduced memory, and irritability, it is clear why effective and psychologically literate change management strategies are essential to lead a happy and productive workforce.
Ross has worked in psychology-based leadership and change management across a variety of sectors, from front-line services to corporate environments. In this evidence-based and practice-informed workshop, you will delve into the psychology of leadership and explore the relationship between organisational change and trauma. You will acquire skills and strategies to transition teams and lead through change with as little disruption and damage as possible.
- Understand the leadership challenges in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environments
- Develop leaders to be ‘People focussed leaders’
- Lead with authenticity and resilience during change initiatives
Psychological responses to change
- Understand the nature of stress and trauma
- Anticipate stress and trauma triggers
- Plan to manage stress and trauma in individuals and groups
Organisational change and trauma
- Understand the impact of poor change management on individuals and groups
- Analyse the characteristics of psychologically sound change management strategies
- Design best-practice change management programs
Change and the individual
- Master self-awareness and self-management
- Manage relationships
- Connect and support teams
- What does change look like to your organisation?
- Enhance employee loyalty, aligning with organisational goals
- Develop and sustain the involvement of internal and external stakeholders
Problem-solving to lead your organisation’s change strategy
- How to ensure everyone understands their role in the change process
- Strategies to break down the barriers to communication
- Negotiation and reframing tools for effective solutions
Drive effectiveness through mentoring and coaching
- The role of the leader in improving staff experience
- Coaching staff for increased performance
Leading for sustainable change - personal action plan for success
- Strategies to embrace your diverse and inclusive leadership style to move your career forward
- Create an action plan for applying change management best practices
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.