About the workshop
Increasing market demands drive the continual evolution of the Secondary Education sector. As a result, executive leaders are required to exhibit excellent staff leadership and management skills, while simultaneously forging a path for innovation and development for their school's future.
While developing technical capabilities is a vital part of your leadership toolkit, so too is your ability to manage competing demands. For even the most seasoned of educational leaders, mounting pressure can lead to feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. Building on your strengths, projecting confidence with calm, focusing on core purpose and, above all, acting ethically, will sustain you on your leadership journey.
This interactive two-day course has been designed specifically for the challenges and demands faced by Principals, aspiring Principals, Department Heads and executive management within Secondary Education institutions. Our expert facilitator will draw on her experience as a former Principal. She will also share her technical expertise as a leading researcher in the field of educational leadership, to help you develop the skills and mindset you'll need to succeed as a school leader.
- Capabilities, attributes, and skills of an influential leader
- Develop personal worth, power, and responsibility
- Embrace complexity, uncertainty and diversity
Think creatively to design innovative models for your school
- Diagnosing issues unique to your school to determine your innovation needs
- Enhance your problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles
- Have courage behind your convictions
Lead diverse teams and generate support
- Understand the needs of a diverse staff team
- Build a balanced team
- Establish rapport and improve communication skills
Project confidence to survive self-doubt and uncertainty
- Continually striving for improvement
- Recognise your strengths as a leader
- Deal with resistance in the workplace
- Balance the demands of today’s environment
- Improve your relational and organisational skills to lead a secondary school into the future
- Establish and stay true to your values
- Keep focussed on the greater good
Lead through change
- Lead through challenging times
- Deal with difficult people and difficult situations
- Giving and receiving unwelcome feedback
- Manage competing priorities and react to pressure effectively
Lead with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and leadership development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Build trust and influence your key stakeholders
- Work through trust and the trust equation
- Know how you influence, what is in your toolkit
- Know who you need to influence and why
- Address dysfunction and boost performance
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.