About the workshop
In an evolving role, internal audit professionals need a diverse skill set to succeed and step into leadership. To achieve success and influence change, you must develop your soft skills and learn to manage complex stakeholder relationships. By building skills beyond your technical discipline, you can engage and enable your teams in alignment with broader business strategy, helping them to capitalise on their own capabilities.
This two-day interactive workshop will give you the skills and strategies to guide and support your team through complex changes while fostering workforce development. You will learn to tailor communication and behaviour, gaining insight into how this affects your team’s capability. Walk away with a range of new techniques to overcome common challenges, enable your internal audit team and unlock your leadership potential!
- Contextualise leadership for internal audit professionals
- Managing key relationships and dynamics
- Capabilities, attributes and skills of an influential and authentic leader
Forming the intention of your leadership style
- Understand your motivations, what drives you to commit to your path
- Identify unintended biases, intrinsic distractions and obstacles
- Create your professional leadership picture
- Set up your action plan for habitual and behavioural change
Enable and empower your team’s performance
- Understand and manage your team’s needs
- Build a rich and positive team ecosystem
- Challenging, supporting and empowering others
- Managing uncooperative staff members
Successful coaching and team development
- Learn to have conversations that count
- Provide both positive and negative feedback without disengaging
- How to utilise neuroscience principles to facilitate coaching and develop your internal audit team
- Balancing intention and interpretation, building a mindful team culture
- Cultivate a relationship of trust based on similar needs
- Navigate de-prioritisation and strategies to influence change
- Engage, educate and empower through empathy and inclusion
Shifting your internal audit focus
- Independent and objective leadership
- Shaking off an ‘us and them’ mentality
- Identify and address unintended bias
- Tackling tough conversations and influencing outcomes
Resilient leadership in a high-pressure environment
- Foster self-care and resilience, personally and in your team
- The role of capacity in proactively managing pressure
- Develop systems and processes to enhance team performance
- Understand the power of habit, and avoid slipping into old ways
Leadership in action
- Debrief and wrap up of key themes, skills and strategies explored
- Build a realistic, incremental action plan for real-world application
- Practical frameworks for intention, action and evaluation
- Embedding intention when you’re back in the office
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs