About the workshop
With new technology, platforms, and practices to navigate, IM is critical to your organisation's success. As the business environment continues to transform, you must ensure you have the necessary skills to remain relevant and keep pace with a world of change.
The way information is captured, stored, analysed, integrated, and made available has shifted, allowing you to leverage new technologies. But to implement a successful IM strategy, you first need to get the senior executive on board for the journey. Build a compelling business case for your IM roadmap, demonstrate tangible benefits from technological and HR investment, and determine the value proposition for implementing new IM systems, tools, and practices.
Make sure you have a seat at this intensive two-day masterclass to access the latest thinking and practical approaches to develop and implement an IM strategy. Walk away with the tools and techniques that will enable the development of a business-driven strategy, achieve senior-level buy-in, and support user adaptation to new policies and systems.
Module 1 - Explore the changing role of Information Manager
- Latest trends, issues and potential impacts facing Information Managers
- Working cross-functionally with other disciplines such as Information Architecture, IT Operations, Data Management, Business Intelligence
- Explore the role of Information Governance
Module 2 - Business requirements and challenges addressed by IM
- Determine the state of IM in your organisation
- Business drivers for improved IM
- Links between business and information requirements
- Challenges and issues to mitigate risk and maximise competitive advantage
- Assess the value IM adds to the organisation
- Key foundations to ensure complete return on investment on enterprise-wide systems and tools
- Identifying key information assets
Module 3 - Developing an effective IM strategy
- Governance processes to sustain the future of your IM strategy
- Matching strategy to your business needs
- Communicate your strategy internally to emphasise the importance of good IM
- Steps to translate the IM Strategy into action
- Making change management work to your advantage
- Develop an Information Roadmap to better deliver the output over time
Day One Action Plan: Developing an Information Strategy Plan for your organisation
Module 4 – Data, social media and the cloud
- Big buckets of big data – managing volume
- Data Management vs IM
- Overcome the impact of volume on traditional IM approaches
- Impacts of social media on IM disciplines
- Good policy and practice to effectively manage social media to your advantage
- Managing your organisation’s information in the cloud
- Adhering to legislative and regulatory requirements
- Understand changing technology and business factors
Module 5 - Skillsets to meet today’s IM challenges
- Capacity, capability and competence – getting the balance right
- Specialist expertise vs employability skills
- Benefits of implementing workforce development strategies
- Supporting staff and teams to embrace changing IM needs
Day Two Action Plan: Developing a 90-day action plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs