About the workshop
Research shows that leadership cannot be singularly defined and is perceived differently depending on cultural and national differences. Effective leadership is a notion of positive influence, as leadership is strengthened by our customs, beliefs and values.
The Indigenous Women’s Leadership Workshop provides an essential platform for aspiring, existing and emerging leaders. This workshop creates a forum to share stories, wisdom and a passion for leading with the body, heart, soul and spirit. Discussions will delve into how we combine our cultural roles with the responsibilities of the business world. We will also explore strategies to effectively put ourselves forward for workplace opportunities.
This two-day event gathers Indigenous women from across the country to reflect on cultural heritage and refine leadership strengths as we pave the way for the next generation of Indigenous leaders.
- Increase knowledge of company structures and processes
- Identify linkages to Aboriginal Engagement Plans, RAPs and Diversity and Inclusion
- Discuss and explore company expectations of employees
- Develop strategies to manage work, family and community obligations
- Provide an overview of considerations and barriers that apply to intercultural communication
- Explore perceptions from both an Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal perspective
- Cultivate awareness of personal attitudes, beliefs and expectations in the workplace and how this “may” impact on, or differ from, others
- Explore strategies to overcome communication across cultures and the ability to have appropriate conversations
Team building and goal setting
- Understand the benefits of working in a team and the role of individuals in a large work team
- How goal setting can assist you to maintain your employment, achieve your career progression and personal goals
- Principles and value of business mentor/mentee relationship and how this will benefit both your working relationships and personal development
Strategies for working across culture
- Develop networking and influencing skills to build relationships with other Indigenous staff, work teams and managers
- Develop the tools to communicate your values, build confidence to ask questions, consult and collaborate
- Juggling the corporate and cultural aspects of personal and professional life
- Understanding your country and culture in contemporary Australia
- Balancing the commitments of community, career and character
- The importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander female leaders to community
Individual strengths and areas for growth
- Examine your leadership traits and how to apply them
- Understand where your strengths fit within your community or organisation
- Recognise growth areas and how to reinforce your skills
The importance of authentic leadership and being true to yourself
- The role authenticity plays in effectively leading a team
- Advocating for yourself and developing your leadership identity
Understand and align your cultural and corporate responsibilities
- Be present in all aspects of your life
- Confidently incorporate your personal journey
- Remain genuine to your true self
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.