About the workshop
Information technology is a vital underpinning for an organisation’s success. However, with the convergence of business, consumer and communication technology, IT is now integral to core business operations. ICT staff must be technically proficient and business savvy. They must be capable of solving complex business-systems and client-facing problems efficiently. Even the most accomplished ICT professionals will find that technical skills alone do not assure effective leadership or strategic thinking. To be a leader and add strategic value to the organisation, ICT professionals need to complement their occupational expertise with breakthrough leadership and coherent strategic business planning skills.
Leading high-performance ICT teams to maintain organisational functionality and add strategic value to the company is no easy feat. It requires an ability to convey complex information to non-ICT executives, colleagues and clients. An ICT leader must inculcate an understanding of their contribution to business strategy. They must develop a workplace culture conducive to innovation but focussed on results.
This two-day workshop will delve into strategies for driving performance. You'll learn how to modify your communication style, engage staff and stakeholders while adding strategic value through enhanced ICT leadership.
- The psychology of leadership
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) the art of knowing yourself and others
- Adapt and understand individuality and its advantages
Develop cohesive and high performing teams
- Recognise the value of your team
- Utilise their skills to drive performance
- The dysfunctions of a team
Self-mastery and balance
- Overcome demotivation, stress and frustration
- Better you, better team
- The significance of balance
How to have and accept the hard conversations
- Understand the significance of feedback
- Measure performance - The good, the bad and the ugly
- Deliver constructive criticism
- Challenges leaders face in ICT & Digital
- Navigate challenging business scenarios
- Mentoring, coaching and professional development
Manage change through times of transformation
- Define change and its attributes
- Foster innovation in times of trouble
- Establish trust within your team
Career planning - A story of yours and mine
- Recognise where you want to be
- Review and reflect on the past
- Create the stepping stones to your goal
The future of ICT and Digital
- What’s next in the ICT & Digital sphere?
- Create a realistic action plan
- Revisit key themes and lesson
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs