About the workshop
Women equate to 57 percent of staff in tertiary education within Australia; however, they hold only around 30 percent of leadership positions. The benefits of diversity are well known, therefore imperative to identify catalysts that will redress gender inequality within the workplace. Leading and managing in the evolving education environment brings challenges few other professions experience. In this constantly evolving sector, authentic and resilient leadership in the face of change is pivotal to success. To lead individuals and teams effectively, it is essential that leaders understand and capitalise on their unique strengths, while still aligning their approach with the framework and values of their specific organisation.
This workshop focuses on allowing existing and aspiring leaders to be more aware of the way they exercise leadership and their impact upon others. You will be encouraged to think about your organisation holistically and to understand the opportunities and avenues in which you can be effective change agents. Expert facilitation will allow you to explore the unique skills required to lead effectively in education. Practical and interactive sessions will equip you with the strategies and techniques to enable you to reach your full potential, to pursue your chosen career path, and to achieve success.
- The VUCA environment (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous)
- Higher education challenges in a VUCA world
- Management vs leadership - what makes you distinctive?
Confidence and authentic leadership
- Gain presence through building confidence and self-belief
- Understand your career brand
- Identify your key competencies, strengths, and potential derailers as a leader
Develop self and others with reflective leadership
- Clarify the benefits of reflective practice in leadership
- Establish the skills and capacity for reflective practice
- Using reflective practice to influence the quality of the culture through the quality of relationships
Successful coaching and team development
- Explore four primary principles for managing performance
- Provide positive and negative feedback without disengaging
- Utilise coaching models for goal setting and performance management
- Develop your communication strategy - style, structure, and substance
- Know your audience’s expectations
- Effectively managing up and how important it is to do it differently
Conversations that build trust to communicate your vision
- Communication skills to maximise influence
- Understand other people's motivations and emotions
- Manage emotions for positive and assertive communication and relationships
Strategic thinking and career progression
- Skills and approaches in managing your executive presence
- Position yourself for promotion - highlight your aptitude for leadership
- Maximise the value of building and maintaining new and existing networks
Leading into the future
- Understand where you are in your career journey
- Establish your goals for leadership progression
- Create a personal leadership plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.