About the workshop
Within an evolving and dynamic Higher Education sector, executive support professionals are faced with demanding expectations. To be effective in your support position, you must continually uphold your knowledge and skills to be professionally successful, while supporting your executive’s core function and priorities.
This two-day intensive is designed to equip Higher Education Executive Assistants with the knowledge and practical tools to develop professional excellence and step up as an expert influencer in their organisation. Attendees will develop critical skills including conscious communication, effective stakeholder engagement and strategies to build trust and influence with staff and senior management alike.
Proactive self-management for Higher Education executive support
- Navigate organisational politics and tackle complex conversations
- Respond proactively to challenging situations and changing environments
- Create strong professional relationships by establishing trust and credibility
- Projecting empathy while remaining in control of a situation
Develop and maintain resilience in a high-pressure, high-volume environment
- Develop emotional resilience to maintain composure during times of conflict
- Strategies to initiate sensitive conversations and effectively raise concerns
- How to effectively manage high-level and high-volume workloads
- Increase confidence to broach sensitive topics across your organisation
Managing expectations and managing up
- Build an authentic and influential relationship with your manager
- Optimise time with your manager and optimise your manager’s time
- Gain full engagement from your executive during times of high pressure
- Explore communication strategies to address difficult conversations
Influence with integrity (power without power)
- Develop the ability to build rapport and maintain relationships
- Find your own communication style to maximise your influence on key decisions
- Remain authentic when faced with making difficult decision
- Foster a relationship of trust
Getting across the issues, working across the business
- See past your own sphere and work with sensitivity
- Increase personal presence within the executive office and modelling behaviour
- Proactively manage expectations to operate autonomously
- Anticipate needs and prioritise to protect your time (and your manager’s)
Positive communication and Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Discover the ability to assess and measure EQ in yourself and others
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Communication styles (you get back what you give out)
Effectively engage with different (and sometimes difficult) personalities
- How to deal with a range of personalities in high-pressure situations
- Navigate challenging situations, effectively communicate compromise
- Understand different communication styles to best resolve conflict
- Effectively deal with ambiguity
Balance your workload and active career planning
- Manage and maintain work-life balance with an ever-increasing workload
- Project and predict - Best practice calendar and diary management fundamentals
- Establish a leadership mindset that will accelerate your career development
- Develop a personal action plan and practical strategies to implement
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.