About the workshop
Higher Education leaders now undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in an autonomous and strategic manner. As such, emerging leaders must be better equipped with the appropriate tools to achieve success, develop greater strategic awareness and effectively engage with senior leadership.
Developed specifically for HEW Level 7-9 professionals, this two-day workshop will provide an opportunity to advance core skills and explore the emerging leadership capabilities required for effective HEW Level 7-9 managers and leaders. It will explore the core attributes of successful leadership within the Higher Education environment, unpack practical strategies to lead productive teams, improve decision making, apply strategic management thinking and develop key skills of stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Expectations and values of Higher Education leadership
- Understand leadership
- Develop the leader in you
Confidence and your leadership capacity
- Gain ‘presence’ through building confidence and self-belief
- Understand your “career brand”
- Build your strengths and value as a leader
People and stakeholder management
- Engage, collaborate and manage stakeholder expectations
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Communication effectiveness (reacting versus responding)
Communication and presentation skills
- Communication skills to maximise influence
- Develop clarity, assertiveness and passion to increase engagement
- Explore ways to express your ideas and present to others
- Understand and manage team needs
- Manage different personalities with success
- Become an adaptive communicator
Managing performance and empowering others
- Successful coaching and team development
- Provide both positive and negative feedback without disengaging
- Utilise coaching models for goal setting and performance management
Managing stress, pressures and change
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Implement change or strategic initiatives
- Co-create high performance
Managing the path ahead
- Practical tips to keep you on track in your career
- Set action goals and daily success rituals
- Be proactive and cultivate a positive mindset
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs