About the workshop
Ongoing transformations within the South Australian Government has created a greater need for cross-agency collaboration. As such, aspiring and emerging leaders are now required to undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in a collaborative and strategic manner to meet whole of government objectives for effective engagement with senior leadership.
This hands on workshop will provide you with an opportunity to enhance core skills and explore the emerging leadership capabilities required for effective leadership within the SA Government. You will delve into the practical strategies relating to leading productive teams, improve decision-making and develop key skills for stakeholder engagement.
- Explore common leadership challenges
- 5 simple rules for leadership success
- Identify the right mindset - what stays and what goes
Practical exercise - The core leadership capabilities self-assessment
- Capabilities and attributes of an effective leader
- Identify your core values and goals
- Establish the importance of balancing capabilities over your career
Learning leadership capabilities
- Why continuous learning is necessary in a VUCA world
- How to become learning-agile
- Leverage your leadership skills to better motivate and engage your team
The importance of self-awareness
- Understand the link between self-awareness and leadership success
- Explore your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Embrace qualities of empathy to become a compelling and inspiring leader
- Knowing and sharing your vision
- Cultivate assertiveness and know when to say no
- Sharpen your leadership posture
Manage work through others - the importance of delegation in team development
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- How to set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Drive team capacity through coaching and performance feedback
How to deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
- Handling difficult conversations - ‘red flags’ to avoid
- Empower collaborative decision making in your team
- Construct a strategy to master tough conversations
- Identify and gain access to influencers
- Learn to trust your initiative and judgement
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Practical Exercise - Review self-assessment and key learning points
- Identify the next steps to your leadership development
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.