About the workshop
Ongoing transformations within the Northern Territory Government has created a greater need for cross-agency collaboration. Senior leaders are now required to undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in a collaborative and strategic manner to drive best-practice and meet whole of government objectives for continuous improvement.
This hands on workshop will provide you with an opportunity to maximise core skills and explore the senior leadership capabilities required for exemplary leadership success. You will delve into the practical strategies relating to leading collaborative teams, improve coaching and amplify key skills for stakeholder engagement. You will walk away with a bespoke leadership assessment and plan to advance your career.
- Advocate your value as a leader
- Unpack common senior leadership challenges
- Master your mindset and turn off your limiting beliefs
Practical exercise - leadership capabilities self-assessment
- Capabilities and attributes of an effective senior leader
- Establish the importance of balancing capabilities over your career
- Shape your brand for strategic leadership direction
Great leaders never stop learning - evolve into the strategic decision-maker
- Explore leadership qualities for a continual learning mindset
- How to find your blind spots as a leader
- Setting up learning systems for you and your team
Cultivate personal and team self-awareness
- The attributes and beliefs of a high-performing team
- Foster a culture of accountability and achievement
- Build feedback loops into business as usual
- Establish the importance of sharing your vision for future culture change
- Set and lead strategic directions across your organisation
- Techniques to encourage positive and robust workplace conversations
Master the art of coaching for leadership success
- Embrace the benefits of your role of ‘leader and coach’
- Co-create high performance and establish a culture of peak performance
- Adapt leadership strategies for coaching different levels
Foster productive (and managing toxic) conflict
- Why conflict is an essential part of high performance
- The ‘ground rules’ of productive conflict
- Recognise links between interconnected issues, identify problems and work ways to resolve them
Influencing up and out - stakeholder management
- Authoritatively represent and influence on behalf of your agency
- Collaborate and develop joint solutions with internal and external stakeholders
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
Practical exercise - review self-assessment and key learning points
- Identify the next steps to your leadership development
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.