About the workshop
The leadership strategy required for success in a fire service environment is unique in that operationally experienced professionals must guide the leadership direction. Beyond the required technical knowledge and experience in this setting, true leadership in practice requires the development of key soft skills, emotional intelligence, resilience and influential engagement.
This carefully structured two-day program has been designed to prepare you for the next step in your career. You'll learn to confidently transition into a strategic leadership role and be equipped to adapt to challenging circumstances.
Our expert facilitator, Rick Stone, brings over 20 years experience in emergency services. He will guide participants through how to face the complex challenges of the fire service environment and discuss how to implement strategies to perform in high-pressure situations. How to build team culture, foster resilience and unlock value for your organisation will also be explored.
You will also hear from a senior fire services leader in an exclusive guided conversation. This will allow you to learn from real-life leadership experiences and apply these lessons to a practical action plan for your return to work.
- Contextualise leadership and command management for emergency services
- Managing key relationships and dynamics
- Capabilities, attributes, and skills of an influential and effective leader
Managing under pressure
- Anticipating and managing risk effectively
- Making crucial judgements under pressure
- Engaging and managing sensitive issues under pressure
Resilient leadership in a high-pressure environment
- Foster self-care and resilience, personally and in your team
- The role of capacity in proactively managing pressure
- Develop systems and processes to enhance team performance
- How to address threats in an increasingly uncertain and volatile environment
- Developing clear directions and guidelines
- Embedding continuous improvement in the framework
- Learn to have conversations that count
- Provide both positive and negative feedback without disengagement
- Strategies to facilitate coaching and develop your team
Interactive discussion session
- A candid fireside chat with a senior fire services professional
- Personal perspective on leadership in a frontline service environment
- Challenges, obstacles and opportunities
Commanding critical decisions
- Techniques on how to act quickly and effectively
- Making tough decisions
- Resolving conflict in time-constrained circumstances
The importance of leadership during a crisis
- Providing proper support for your team
- Identifying your role in managing a crisis
- How to delegate tasks efficiently amidst chaos
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.