About the workshop
The move from specialist to strategist, from ledger to leader, is far from straight-forward. Technical expertise provides a solid career footing, but leadership demands a dynamic and finely-tuned set of skills. Recent years have seen a greater evolution of the traditional control responsibilities of finance functions, with organisations expecting more from their finance teams than ever before.
This interactive course will address core technical and leadership skills, enabling you to step up as a fully-fledged finance business partner. You will walk away with the tools to lead under pressure, learn high-level communication skill to empower you as a leader of change, and be braced to tackle any challenge.
You will also have front-row seats for an exclusive Finance Leaders Panel, where established finance and accounting leaders will share their personal stories and help you turn insight into action.
- Characteristics of a valued finance business partner
- Leadership concepts and practical skills for building leadership capability
- Tactical, strategic and practical finance leadership
- The transition from subject matter expert to valued finance business partner
Develop a strategic direction and perspective as a finance leader
- Finance as a true business partner: Leverage the finance value chain
- Discuss the role of finance and accounting in understanding the strategic direction of your organisation
- Explore the emerging power of big data and analytics
- Strategically focused financial and business process analysis tools
Skills for adaptive finance leaders
- Different leadership models and practical approaches in a finance context
- Understand the distinction between technical and adaptive challenges
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Develop emotional competence, founded on the Emotional Intelligence (EQ) model
Collaboration, influential communication and reporting
- Understand effective communication and how to tailor your approach to different audiences
- Having constructive interactions with others - when to ask vs. when to tell
- Build strong working relations with others, including people who ‘tick’ differently
- Identify the attributes of effective written and verbal reports
- What does good analysis and evaluation look like?
- How can you add value through analysis and evaluation?
People management in the context of finance practice
- Manage finance teams, retain and grow talent through effective people management skills
- Building trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on individual and team performance to deliver results
- Empower finance teams to reach their highest potential
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Nurture strong internal and external relationships
- Manage competing agendas, tight timeframes, organisational changes, and confidentiality
- Technical methods to support strategic engagement, stakeholder mapping/analysis and boundary spanning
Exclusive Finance Leaders Panel: Turning Insights into Action
Finance Leaders Think-Tank: Next steps for finance leaders
- Reflect and respond to key lessons for the program
- Conduct Force Field Analysis to start the planning of your next steps
- Develop your personal roadmap to being a successful finance business partner
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.