About the workshop
Leading in a law firm is no mean feat. Flat partnership structures, high stakes environments, and complex governance traditions can make developing and realising your vision for the firm beyond challenging. You need sophisticated leadership skills to bring your partners with you and deliver the best outcomes for the firm, the clients, and the invested stakeholders - including you!
The two-day workshop is for senior leaders looking to hone their skills in internal stakeholder engagement, improve the agility of their firm, build resilience throughout the firm, and advance their leadership career.
Whether you’re balancing your practice of law and your leadership responsibilities, or you’ve come to lead a law firm through your corporate experience and excellence, this workshop will take your leadership and your firm to the next level.
Facilitator James Fletcher, an experienced lawyer in the public and private sectors, has provided consulting services (training and executive coaching) to a wide range of legal executives (including at top-tier, mid-tier and boutique law firms, as well as in-house legal teams in the public and private sector), including Australia's most reputable firms.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with one of the most respected law leadership coaches in the business.
- Foster a psychologically safe workplace through self-care practices
- Maintain appropriate boundaries while remaining approachable
- Create a positive work environment to encourage professional relationships to flourish
Firm dynamics of power and influence
- Analyse and navigate circles of influence
- Understand and identify informal authority
- Establish your credibility and inspire confidence in your leadership
Authentic leadership for lasting engagement
- Make meaningful connections with your team through openness
- Inspire loyalty and boost work ethic through the power of empathy
- Encourage authenticity in your teams to improve client relations
Enhanced Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for team development
- Understand the impact of stress on performance to implement stress-reduction strategies
- Identify different learning and conversation styles, and adapt accordingly
- Analyse your leadership style and make a plan to evolve your EQ
- Analyse the challenges partnership structures present to leaders
- Develop strategies to encourage agility in a flat executive structure
- Explore alternatives to traditional leadership structures in law firms
Strike the legal leadership balance
- Manage your time to satisfy your love of law and your leadership responsibilities
- Maintain clear boundaries to allow you to excel in both roles
- Promote the business value of leadership in your firm
Change leadership in legacy organisations
- Inspire an appetite for change in your team
- Analyse resistance to change and overcome it
- Establish a clear and efficient communication strategy to navigate change
Your professional standing - technical expertise and leadership
- Maintain professional credibility as you evolve as a leader
- Keep your skills sharp even as you reduce practice to lead
- Identify and harness opportunities to remain present in the core business of the firm
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.