About the workshop
Shifts and transformations occurring nationally and internationally have a dramatic effect on the Public Sector. Responsive and adaptable leaders are critical when navigating this change successfully. Leaders who are responsible for this must be strategic, influential and take responsibility for highly complex projects. This is particularly true for those in EL 1-2 roles.
Aimed at EL 1-2 level officers and management, this two-day workshop will deliver the essential toolkit for leading successfully in the Australian Public Sector. It will provide you with the chance to hone your current leadership skillset, as well as acquire new ones for taking the next step in your career. Delve into the increasing complexities of stakeholder management, building autonomy in your team and becoming a key influencer and decision maker.
This interactive workshop will provide you with an intensive professional development opportunity to enhance and refine your leadership skills to achieve the leadership goals of tomorrow. Discover how your unique skill set can be sharpened to unlock your potential and take the next step in your career.
- Expectations and values of an EL leader
- Understand your strengths and value as a leader
- Define your personal and professional brand
- Utilise your expertise to your advantage
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Utilise EQ to motivate and influence your team
- Harness EQ to focus attention
- Utilise heightened EQ to make effective strategic decisions
- Override emotional responses to stressful situations
Evolve into the strategic decision-maker
- The shift from micro to macro leadership
- Cultivate foresight and understanding of contemporary and international issues
- Develop and influence key strategic directions
- Set and lead strategic directions across the organisation
Build resilience under pressure
- Acting vs reacting to unexpected developments
- Anticipate and manage risk effectively
- Prepare for unexpected challenges
- Make crucial judgements under pressure
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
- Represent and influence on behalf of your agency with authority
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
- Harness and resolve conflict
Build team capability and accountability
- Cultivate your team to take ownership of their success
- Build reliability and accountability in your team
- Adaptable leadership strategies for managing different people
- Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
Align your team with organisational expectations
- Generate teams aligned with organisational goals
- Co-create high performance
- Implement strategic initiatives throughout the branch
- Build cohesive and engaged teams
Take the next step
- Create an action plan for your career
- Understand the leadership pipeline
- Prepare yourself for a new role
- Identify future leadership priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs